You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

Oh man, I want SE Cupp so bad. Even though I'd probably want to punch her.

She's hot at first, until she talks. If she goes outside her well rehearsed talking points she's pretty empty IMO. She's on Bill Maher all the time and rarely makes a good point about anything. But yea sure, cute girl with glasses, we can all get on board with this.

Megyn Kelly is more my type. Older, smarter, feisty and while she does walk the line at Fox, she does go off the rails/is good off the cuff.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:
bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
harmon420 wrote:

Terrible, and I was all set to vote for him. But that sort of ignorance of world events is inexcusable. What's going on in Aleppo specifically is nothing short of humanitarian catastrophe. Chemical attacks, refugees fleeing, hospitals being bombed, civilians being slaughtered, ethnic cleansing, lack of basic necessities ... it's mind-boggling he flubbed like that.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

5 days on the road without any news. Coming back did not disappoint. Apparently a Mexican minister has resigned after the Trump visit. 14

See he has continued to rise in the polls as well, so all in all looks like another good week for him despite the usual claims to the contrary.

Hillary must be shitting her pants with all that money spent and all those kill shots that never go in.

Hillary's post convention lead has disappeared: http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_ … ouse_watch

Thx to artcinco over at Crass.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Cramer wrote:
misterID wrote:

Oh man, I want SE Cupp so bad. Even though I'd probably want to punch her.

She's hot at first, until she talks. If she goes outside her well rehearsed talking points she's pretty empty IMO. She's on Bill Maher all the time and rarely makes a good point about anything. But yea sure, cute girl with glasses, we can all get on board with this.

Megyn Kelly is more my type. Older, smarter, feisty and while she does walk the line at Fox, she does go off the rails/is good off the cuff.

I didn't say I wanted to hear her talk!

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

TRUMP CAMPAIGN STAFFERS QUIT AFTER NOT GETTING PAID

Even before Donald Trump won the Republican presidential primary on a shoestring budget, the billionaire has been an innovator when it comes to his finances. The real-estate mogul, who has declared bankruptcy four times, has a long history of refusing to pay contractors, lawyers, and employees who work for him if he finds their work unsatisfactory. So it is perhaps unsurprising that several members of Trump’s neglected policy shop in Washington, D.C., quit last month when they found themselves the latest victims of the candidate’s unorthodox budgetary discipline.

Most of the people working at the campaign’s Beltway outpost walked out the door in August when the paychecks they say they were promised never arrived, according to a new report by The Washington Post. “It’s a complete disaster,” one former adviser told the Post. “They use and abuse people. The policy office fell apart in August when the promised checks weren’t delivered.”

The Alexandria-based policy shop reportedly launched in April to help expand Trump’s messaging beyond soundbites like build a wall, take the oil, and repeal Obamacare. But the organization’s work went largely ignored by the candidate, who never acknowledged the advisors in press releases. More dispiriting than the lack of attention was the lack of a paycheck. Staffers were promised compensation by Corey Lewandowski when he was managing the Trump campaign, several former advisers told the Post. But when Lewandowski’s reign atop Trump Tower came to a sudden end, their agreement became another casualty of the campaign shake-up. “It was understood that we would be paid. The campaign never discussed how much the pay would be. It was never in writing,” one staffer said. “There were some people who were treating it as a full-time job. I suspect that those people were quite astonished when the pay didn’t come through.”

Funding for the policy shop dried up under campaign chair Paul Manafort, who effectively ousted Lewandowski. And while the leaders of the campaign’s Alexandria team repeatedly appealed to Trump Tower for funding, they were consistently denied. According to the Post’s reporting, the campaign apparently saw little need for policy advisers once Trump secured the Republican nomination. Several of the high-profile experts and advisers on the current volunteer policy team have reportedly never even met Trump. Although the policy shop reportedly held “two marathon work sessions” to help Trump get ready for the upcoming presidential debates, and planned to send advisers to New York to brief the candidate on specific issues on a daily basis, the effort was for naught. “The New York office realized that their candidate would not be receptive to that level of intense preparation,” one advisor told the Post.

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/09/ … isors-quit

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

Hillary looks like she faints leaving 9/11 ceremony. I'm sure  you'll be seeing this video all over.

If she would have to drop out, my money would be on the DNC putting Joe Biden in the race.

Of course, she emerged from her daughter's apartment a little over an hour later looking fine.

The Trump camp will seize on this as proof she's not healthy enough to lead. Of course, he's released zero medical records. She has released some, but they both have released fewer records than past candidates.

I imagine this issue will be put to rest if she can stand up and not pass out during a two-hour debate in a couple of weeks.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Hillary looks like she faints leaving 9/11 ceremony. I'm sure  you'll be seeing this video all over.

If she would have to drop out, my money would be on the DNC putting Joe Biden in the race.

Of course, she emerged from her daughter's apartment a little over an hour later looking fine.

The Trump camp will seize on this as proof she's not healthy enough to lead. Of course, he's released zero medical records. She has released some, but they both have released fewer records than past candidates.

I imagine this issue will be put to rest if she can stand up and not pass out during a two-hour debate in a couple of weeks.

It does look bad. I hope she is okay.

Here is a link from the Sun that has Fox News talking about it as well.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1764586/d … sked-away/

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I think this story might get huge. To her advantage, it is 9/11 and opening day of the NFL so Americans minds are elsewhere, especially away from the Presidential campaign. Monday morning will be a different story.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

Let me just say, these two would be two of the oldest presidents ever elected. I would say they are too old to be elected. Both could die before the end of their first term. Who knows what's wrong with Hillary. And Donald, who knows what he's hiding in his medical records that he won't release.

It's funny to think, we had a president, FDR, who was basically immobile because of polio yet was what many consider one of our best presidents ever.

Board footer