You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

polluxlm wrote:

I think it can be a letdown as well given how much it has been hyped. Both sides have been claiming their candidate will "expose" and "own" the opposition in these debates.

This is Trump though, so who knows. I think he will try and act very Presidential as well, but wouldn't be surprised to see him pull something out of the hat either.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

How did Trump act during all the GOP primary debates? He pretty much stayed the same IMO. I doubt he'll be much different tonight.

Tonight though he can't hide behind short answers (only the two of them on stage.) He can't insult people and work the audience. He can't defend claims about his small hands. He has to talk policies and be specific.

I think it's going to be awesome.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Trump did great for his crowd who will literally take anything he gives, and who blindly hate democrats and Hillary. He was on point for that group. Not much else, because he was pretty embarrassing, especially down the stretch. He literally couldn't answer hardly any question.

Hillary was very good with how reserved she was and confident, but too scripted at times. Heard her repeat some one liners she's been dishing out over the last year.

They were both playing hard for sound bytes.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I don't know how anyone could watch that debate and see it as anything but a total destruction of Trump.

If undecided voters don't go to Hillary in droves in the coming polls I'll be shocked.

Also, watch for Trump to do or say something zany tomorrow to seize the headlines. If that doesn't work, I wouldn't be suprised to see him skip one of the next debates.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Hillary showed ALOT of restraint. One question towards the end, Trump overtalked her throughout, then during Trumps response she cut him off the first 5 seconds, then seemed to recall her training and just let Trump go off. Her face said "I'm standing here listening" but her emotions said she wanted to go off and yell at him.

Not much substance in it tho, it lacked topics.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I don't know how anyone could watch that debate and see it as anything but a total destruction of Trump.

If undecided voters don't go to Hillary in droves in the coming polls I'll be shocked.

Also, watch for Trump to do or say something zany tomorrow to seize the headlines. If that doesn't work, I wouldn't be suprised to see him skip one of the next debates.

Saw Trump interviewed on CBSN afterwards. He was pissed about the "Hasn't paid taxes" leak.  He didn't deny it tho, he just said he doesn't like how our government spends its money.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

The strong take from the weak, and the smart take from the strong.

Hillary was the smart one tonight. While Trump started by keeping her on the defensive, she waited him out and needled him along the way.

Pretty quickly cracks began to show, and eventually he lost all control (especially by the end.)

Funny he talked about stamina and having the right temperament for the job-it gave the audience a good laugh. By then all was lost and he was stuck in some kind of rambling word salad.

Trump was Trump, and Hillary played rope-a-dope for sure. She was prepared and he clearly was not. If you liked Trump and like his style, then you will have liked this evening. I don't believe it did him any favors or will help him at all.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I
Saw Trump interviewed on CBSN afterwards. He was pissed about the "Hasn't paid taxes" leak.  He didn't deny it tho, he just said he doesn't like how our government spends its money.

The guy clearly contradicted himself several times on different issues.

First he says he can't release his tax returns because of an audit, then says he would if Hillary releases her emails. Well, I guess you can release them afterall.

Then he brags about making 680M, but then essentially says if he paid no taxes it was because he was smart and government doesn't know how to spend his money anyway. We all know damn well he isn't releasing his returns because he paid virtually nothing, just as statements prior have shown.

Finally he talks about other countries not paying their fair share, but then admits he hasn't paid people who worked for him, and again with his taxes.

Nobody really slammed on these inconsistencies.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Both sides claiming their candidate won, big surprise. 16

Haven't seen it yet, so I have no comment personally.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Both sides claiming their candidate won, big surprise. 16

Haven't seen it yet, so I have no comment personally.

Put it this way, even Rudy Giuliani admitted Trump had a bad night.

https://twitter.com/rudygiulianiGOP/status/780597660138864641

Board footer