You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

buzzsaw wrote:

The establishment is getting together to protect their interests.  None of this should surprise anyone.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Trump has nearly 4 billion USD....that makes him part of The Establishment in my book.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

The establishment is getting together to protect their interests.  None of this should surprise anyone.

Yes, it's a giant conspiracy. Couldn't have anything to do with what was laid out in that article, or what everybody has been posting here for the last few months.

monkeychow wrote:

Trump has nearly 4 billion USD....that makes him part of The Establishment in my book.

Absolutely. He's been woven into the American culture now for 30+ years. He brags about being part of the establishment, while selling himself as an outsider. Who could be so gullible to fall for that?

As I stated prior, this is unprecedented from both media and any political party (in my life anyway.)

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Gary Johnson is also looking rather...clueless.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Voting for the absolute worst candidate in the history of American politics because they're not the establishment or they're touting themselves as an "outsider" (to take it further monkey, he's been involved in politics for 40 years and has supported and profited from the establishment by gaming the system) is really extraordinary in its stupidity. Voting for Trump is the same as eating paint chips.

Trump is the nominee of the Republican party, who is taking money, not funding anything himself, meeting with groups to help give him money. He is the very definition of establishment. Perot was an outsider who ran as an independent. That's anti establishment.

I know republicans who were convinced that Trump was secretly a Democrat who's trying to get Hillary elected. Seriously. They're voting for Hilary because they love their country and don't want to see an egotistical nimrod with an unhealthy obsession with nuclear war as president.

This campaign really is a testament to what rubes people are and are willing to buy when presented with generic words like "establishment." I'm not convinced they even know what it means, but it's easy, it fits on a bumper sticker, and it doesn't require anyone to think real hard. Trump will do it for you. Trump is the PT Barnum of american politics, and yes, a sucker is born every minute.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

How embarrassing is it for Hillary that she can't put away Trump... It is because she is so flawed Trump is close.  He worries about the dumbest shit.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Cramer wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Yes, it's a giant conspiracy. Couldn't have anything to do with what was laid out in that article, or what everybody has been posting here for the last few months.

monkeychow wrote:

Absolutely. He's been woven into the American culture now for 30+ years. He brags about being part of the establishment, while selling himself as an outsider. Who could be so gullible to fall for that?

As I stated prior, this is unprecedented from both media and any political party (in my life anyway.)

Yeah, after decades of immoral and corrupt behavior the establishment is suddenly having a fit of conscience. That's why they are against Trump! 14

Right. And if he was part of their club and would benefit them, you'd think they wouldn't be so virulently opposed to him, no? Or is that the big conspiracy? I mean, which is it? An establishment turned to conscientiousness, or a big conspiracy?

If there's anyone who is establishment here it is Hillary Clinton with her queue of donors filling her pockets with hundreds of millions. You don't care about that?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Yeah, after decades of immoral and corrupt behavior the establishment is suddenly having a fit of conscience. That's why they are against Trump! 14

Right. And if he was part of their club and would benefit them, you'd think they wouldn't be so virulently opposed to him, no? Or is that the big conspiracy? I mean, which is it? An establishment turned to conscientiousness, or a big conspiracy?

If there's anyone who is establishment here it is Hillary Clinton with her queue of donors filling her pockets with hundreds of millions. You don't care about that?

Neither of them are a choice for the common Man.

Hillary has something like $30m to her name, and is married to Bill who has another $80m or so.

Hillary has decades of deals with the Washington power-brokers who serve the business elite.

Trump has $3b or more to his name. He has decades of deals with the business elite directly.

Basically neither of them are anywhere near regular people and neither of them are likely to enact things for regular people.

But the idea that people dislike trump because he's an outsider is absurd, he's been part of the wealthy club his entire life - hell when I was watching Wrestlemania 4 as a kid he was winging it with WWE promotor Vince Mcmahon at at the Trump Plaza at one of the peaks of the WWE's fame. Maybe h's kinda new to politics but he isn't some backyard guy whose going to make changes - he's part of the rich and powerful and has been his whole life.

If rich people are teaming up against him - it's not because they think he'll rock the boat and spoil their Big $ gravy train by helping regular folks - it's that he has the temperament to accidentally cause a war or a revolution and stuff things up for rich folks by mistake.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

War makes rich people richer. Nobody is going to launch nukes because Donald has heartburn. He's a douche for sure, but so is Hillary yet the establishment loves her. It's all a bunch of bullshit meant to scare the weak minded and it appears to be working just fine.

johndivney wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

War makes rich people richer. Nobody is going to launch nukes because Donald has heartburn. He's a douche for sure, but so is Hillary yet the establishment loves her. It's all a bunch of bullshit meant to scare the weak minded and it appears to be working just fine.

Instead of throwing out non-sequiturs & insults, labelling people weak minded, how about you debunk the legitimate grievances raised in that eloquent USA Today editorial??

Board footer