You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:

Obama should nominate him. The Senate can shoot it down if they like. It would be fucked up though for Obama to pick some radical fucker instead of just finding a good judge that knows how to apply the constitution. Also your buddy Chuck Shumer said that in 2007 Bush should not be allowed to push a Judge through with 18 months left in presidency. So it happens on both sides.  Can we not find a single judge that will make everyone happy?  That is embarrassing if we cannot.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Obama would never nominate a hard left winger. He's not the pure liberal he's been portrayed as.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

His other nominees seem to fall inline every time with the progressive liberal view.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

Obama would never nominate a hard left winger. He's not the pure liberal he's been portrayed as.

I think he is pretty damn liberal.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

If Schumer said that in 2007, he was wrong.    I know both sides play petty politics and I'm sick of it.

I would not consider Barack Obama a progressive necessarily.   He has been a fine President, all things considered.   I am happy with Kagan and Sotomayor, so hopefully he can get someone in who votes like them.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Obama should nominate him. The Senate can shoot it down if they like. It would be fucked up though for Obama to pick some radical fucker instead of just finding a good judge that knows how to apply the constitution. Also your buddy Chuck Shumer said that in 2007 Bush should not be allowed to push a Judge through with 18 months left in presidency. So it happens on both sides.  Can we not find a single judge that will make everyone happy?  That is embarrassing if we cannot.

The difference, of course, is Bush did nominate and had a judge appointed. Senate did its job.

This time, they won't. And they'll come off looking terrible.

Scalia's death fucked the GOP in several different ways.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

misterID

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

So? Did they block it? And McConnell was right, it's in the constitution the president has the right. He can't go back and change his mind on the same issue now.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

So? Did they block it? And McConnell was right, it's in the constitution the president has the right. He can't go back and change his mind on the same issue now.

I agree. As I stated in other posts Obama needs to nominate his guy and go from there.  I have no issue with it.

misterID

misterID wrote:

If he nominates Loretta Lynch, someone who is actually liked by moderate republicans, the GOP will have officially shit the bed. The first female black supreme court justice... Those optics can't be undone. I actually like her and think she'd be a good fit. I don't think she'll get the nomination as they have vowed to vote no on anyone he nominates. That could very well cost them the senate.

Board footer