You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

buzzsaw wrote:

I was poor and white.  These jobs aren't meant to be a career, they are meant to train you skills to do bigger and better things.  If people choose not to work hard and learn as they go, that has nothing to do with being poor, or of any decent.  That's a personal choice.  Everyone has an opportunity to get out of poor, but not many choose to put in the effort necessary to do it.

Entry level/minimum wage isn't a life sentence unless you decide it is.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

If you work 30 years as a burger flipper that is your problem. After 30 years you should have become shift manager then maybe general manager. At that point you may make 30-60,000+ per year I would guess.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I was poor and white.  These jobs aren't meant to be a career, they are meant to train you skills to do bigger and better things.  If people choose not to work hard and learn as they go, that has nothing to do with being poor, or of any decent.  That's a personal choice.  Everyone has an opportunity to get out of poor, but not many choose to put in the effort necessary to do it.

Entry level/minimum wage isn't a life sentence unless you decide it is.

These arguments are pointless with people who think it's all a level playing field for everyone. Not everyone has the same opportunity. A kid in the ghetto or the Appalachians do not have the same opportunities as everyone else. Some people work two or three jobs, so it's not about hard work. They don't have the availability of good jobs to move up.  It's stinkin thinkin.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Life is not fair boyz

TRUMP IS A BAUCE. It will be Trump vs Hilary. Let's get this mother fucker on.

Trump Kasich ticket is the path to victory.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

WOW, the GOP is really gonna get stuck with Trump.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:

WOW, the GOP is really gonna get stuck with Trump.

Looks that way. Who is going to beat him? Cruz? No. Rubio has a small shot but only after Cruz and Carson drop out. Kasich is banking on Michigan, PA, and Ohio... Those fail he will be VP.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

Rubio just made a huge play for Bush's base with his speak today.  He's started off praising the Bush family and wishing them the best, gave a speak about rebuilding the military, and then ending the speak promising a New American Century (a not so veiled nod to the neo-conservative doctrine). I think Kasich is going to drop out too, making Rubio the only establishment candidate left, he could pick up the majority of the Bush/Kasich support...  could be enough to overtake Trump in Nevada.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Kasich is holding out for Michigan, Pa, Ohio etc. he is going to be the VP I hope!

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

I like Kasich too, good luck to him, though I don't think he's got much of a shot.

I don't see Trump tapping him for VP though.  I think Trump taps Carson or Christie.

Also, is it just me, or does Cruz look like a pedophile. Idk why, but his face just screams pederass to me.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Cruz is pure slime

Board footer