You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:

John, we are having a simple discussion. Haven't seen anyone get pissed except for you. Why so serious?

johndivney wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

John, we are having a simple discussion. Haven't seen anyone get pissed except for you. Why so serious?

The blatant misuse of cool story bro.

Believe me tho I'm not pissed in the slightest. I genuinely don't care. I'm just curious is all as to where you all are coming from. It's just interesting to read without being invested in the outcome. My very first reply to you was wholly in jest, I thought you'd have seen that but I guess it just wasn't very funny..

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
johndivney wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Believe me tho I'm not pissed in the slightest. I genuinely don't care. I'm just curious is all as to where you all are coming from. It's just interesting to read without being invested in the outcome. My very first reply to you was wholly in jest, I thought you'd have seen that but I guess it just wasn't very funny..

Okay, we start with a clean slate now!  Sorry for the misunderstanding.

johndivney wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
johndivney wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Clean slate? I'll never forget..

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
johndivney wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Clean slate? I'll never forget..

Nooooooooo!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Marijuana use amount poor black teenage males is probably 60% if not higher. There are Catholic Schools in poor black areas that spit out kids to college every year. Stop telling everyone it is impossible. There are people doing it every day. They have a priest, a coach, etc that helps them. Because most don't have a Dad.

Dude, you're the one acting like you know the black community so well... Like an expert on it. You're telling me who they are, what they're about, that they're basically lazy and shit. What I'm saying is, you can't say it's all even, all communities don't have catholic schools popping black kids into college. There are the same amount of white people who smoke dope. I think you need to look in a mirror when you throw that stuff out. I'm saying its very hard when you live in a shit neighborhood, born literally out of slavery, segregation, and left to rot, to suddenly say "what's your problem, lazy ass! I did it, so can you!"

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

ID, I agree with you, however in the 30's, 40's, and 50's they were doing quite well. Now, there was segregation then, but they also had very few broken homes. I don't know what changed but now it is rare that a family has a father around anymore.  So how was the black community on the rise through the civil rights movement then it went down hill? I don't think it was desegregation. I think it was the erosion of the family, the introduction of gangs, and the increase in high crime. If a white kid smokes dope in his parents basement out in the suburbs he can likely get away with it. His family probably has money to prop him up and let him get through his "phase". So this isn't about what white kids do.  Most of the money from the Government did very little to help things out. I can't imagine living in the bad areas of town. I would likely not last a week. I went to those areas a few times for work and I was scared shitless and wished I owned a gun. Crime is out of control in most urban poor areas where many feel they don't have a shot so they turn to a life of crime etc.   

The best thing some of these neighborhoods need are a bull dozer and start leveling this shit hole houses where squatters live or where people go to score dope. I live out in the suburbs and have blacks that live on both sides of me. One is a retired teacher with a wonderful family. The other is an FBI agent with 3 wonderful children I will shoot hoops with after work. They seem to be doing just fine. I wonder how on earth they live normal middle class lives with all the slavery and stuff that happened?  Hmmmmm. Family goes a long way.

We need to help the innocent victims. Many of the children have pieces of shit for parents and unfortunately they need our help too no matter how hopeless they may be.

ID, I am not trying to argue with you and I agree it is tougher for them on a whole than whites. But many programs were created to compensate for those differences.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Visit Englewood Chicago and try to tell anyone there's a way out. Not throwing shade, just giving an example. Because of a poorly run city, state, social services have been cut to the bone; schools are nearly bankrupt; gangs thrive because of the war on drugs; the infrastructure is literally crumbling; businesses are fleeing, as are residents who can afford it; families shop at gas stations for food because there are no grocery stores around. What's left is like a third-world country.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Here's a great example of legislation meant to directly suppress the very people who need help the most. This is happening right now in Illinois. How would this help anyone "get out" of their tough spot. Http://chicagoist.com/2016/02/20/lawmakers_file_legislation_that_wou.php

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Visit Englewood Chicago and try to tell anyone there's a way out. Not throwing shade, just giving an example. Because of a poorly run city, state, social services have been cut to the bone; schools are nearly bankrupt; gangs thrive because of the war on drugs; the infrastructure is literally crumbling; businesses are fleeing, as are residents who can afford it; families shop at gas stations for food because there are no grocery stores around. What's left is like a third-world country.

A city run by Democrats and Obama's boy and they can't fix the situation.  Areas in my town the cops will tell people like me to turn around unless I want to die. Lol. Drugs and gangs are getting bad. You almost need to roll the tanks in there to protect the innocent.

Board footer