You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

polluxlm wrote:

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

Saw this comment on another site:

Trump will get a majority of the candidates there is no doubt about that, the only question is will it be enough of a majority.

I can say with 100% certainty that if trump is not the Republican nominee he will run as an independent. Anyone who can't see that is pretty dismal failure as a political analyst.

If Trump runs as an independent he probably can't win but he would certainly take more than enough votes with him that there is no way any other Republican could win.

So we can say with 100% certainty that love him or hate him there is no way a Republican will win the presidency unless it is Donald Trump.

Interesting perspective. If Trump wants the nomination he will get it.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

This is one of the, if not the, most entertaining primary seasons in the history of presidential elections. Total madness!

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

So looks like the Democrats will nominate a corporate-backed Establishment person. Will the GOP do the same? Will laugh hard if Trump wins. He already managed to wipe out one corporate-backed Establishment person in Jeb Bush. Now the goal is wiping out Rubio and eventually Clinton.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

Rubio is the paper tiger version of Obama. Well rehearsed speeches and that's it. Trump will eat him alive once it goes off script. Marco will look even more like a shy 4th grader, getting bullied by the head master.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Rubio is the paper tiger version of Obama. Well rehearsed speeches and that's it. Trump will eat him alive once it goes off script. Marco will look even more like a shy 4th grader, getting bullied by the head master.

I am not sure why anyone would support Rubio after Chris Christie destroyed Marco in that debate. He is an empty suit. I guess the Establishment people like that kind of candidate though. Easy puppet to control.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

This is why we're fucked.  You either get a puppet or a mad man.  Why can't we find a happy medium?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

We are fucked no matter who wins.  They don't make real badass leaders anymore. It is a shame.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

The rich run this world, and the rich will ruin this world. We're all just along for the nightmarish ride.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

Its not common to just break out. You have plenty of obstacles, especially with a school system thats cut beyond repair where there are no sports team or coach to help you, or outreach progams, etc. Not everyone in poor communities are crack users or sellers, you know?

I read an article on Camden, NJ (a really bad town), that they try getting young girls involved in softball. It's cheap, really they only need a glove & a grassy field, and the coaches & moms can run the team.  One Mom, in the article, mentioned about the fields "The smokers smoke their weed or the junkies leave their needles around" and it really hit me. I remember playing little league, I honestly don't ever recall seeing teens nearby smoking weed.  Let alone ever seeing any sort of heroin needles near the field.  The way it was written she sounded like it's a pretty common thing.  Imagine coaching your 10 year olds softball game & some junkies come walking thru?!

Board footer