You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

polluxlm wrote:

Bret Easton Ellis: Hollywood Players in the Closet for Trump

Hollywood figures are secretly throwing their support behind Republican presidential frontrunner Donald Trump, says author Bret Easton Ellis.

The American Psycho author and cultural critic said he was “shocked” that most of his companions at a dinner in West Hollywood Saturday night indicated they would vote for the billionaire businessman in 2016, even though they “would never admit it publicly.”

Ellis, who is currently prepping a Broadway adaptation of American Psycho, has not yet indicated who he will be voting for in this year’s presidential race. In August, the writer called the “political theater” surrounding Trump “thrilling,” and said the businessman was “destroying the G.O.P. and terrifying the U.S. press.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/ … for-trump/

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Believe me tho I'm not pissed in the slightest. I genuinely don't care. I'm just curious is all as to where you all are coming from. It's just interesting to read without being invested in the outcome. My very first reply to you was wholly in jest, I thought you'd have seen that but I guess it just wasn't very funny..

Careful...Don't get between an American and their patriotism tongue

As another looking from the outside ... I've said it before and I'll say it again ... if that goon is president the world is in serious trouble ... it amazes me that he is being taken as seriously as he has been so far ... this isn't the apprentice or WWE ffs

Looking from the outside one can only hope that cooler heads prevail

johndivney wrote:

He should have Vince McMahon run as his VP..

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Here's the thing you guys aren't understanding: he has the power he has for a reason. People are fed up with the way things are. It's been happening for a while, but the past 8 years have  taken things to a new level.

We need someone to disrupt what we've had. Ideally it would be someone good, but we got trump instead.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

I don't understand the Obama hate. .. again ... outsider looking in. ..he has done a pretty good job dealing with the mess that Bush left...to vote another republican into office at this point seems asinine. ...especially given the way the Senate, or whatever they are called down there, is currently being handled

What has Obama done that generates the distain?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I don't understand the Obama hate. .. again ... outsider looking in. ..he has done a pretty good job dealing with the mess that Bush left...to vote another republican into office at this point seems asinine. ...especially given the way the Senate, or whatever they are called down there, is currently being handled

What has Obama done that generates the distain?

I will start: Debt is about to be over 20 Trillion. When he took office I think it was 7

Obama Care is so expensive, though it insures more than before, many can't afford it. My insurance went from $180 per month to $380 due to Obama Care.

Very divisive, not a uniter. Country more divided than ever

Very weak foreign policy, let Asad and Isis situations get horrible before doing anything. I don't like war but his inaction was just as bad as Bush's over reaction

I think he believes he is doing the right thing, but he is in over his head. Hilary should have won in 2008.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

But much of the debt came from the war that Bush started and then more to withdraw troops...I don't think that all the deficit can be placed on Obama...but maybe not ... I dunno

Plus isn't the dollar privately owned in the US? And the govt borrows on a loan from the rockerfellers and other countries? That does nothing hut compound debt... Alot of that coin was spent on prolonged overseas conflict ... plus alot of us manufacturers get shit made offshore? ...hard to make back money when the middle class is shrinking and u pay other countries for everything

When a country is in debt taxes have to increase ...that's what they are for...I pay like 26% of my wages to taxes each payday in Canada...I don't even see it direct to the taxman like...and alot of wealthy corps will hide extra earnings to avoid taxation...then the average Joe gets hit harder

Anyway I'll leave u guys back to it ... carry on

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

We need someone to disrupt what we've had. Ideally it would be someone good, but we got trump instead.

Are you voting for him if it comes down to Trump/Hilldog?

What about those of you who are democrats, but can't stand Hillary? Are you voting Trump, staying home or biting the bullet and go with another Clinton just to keep the Donald out?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Neemo wrote:

But much of the debt came from the war that Bush started and then more to withdraw troops...I don't think that all the deficit can be placed on Obama...but maybe not ... I dunno

Plus isn't the dollar privately owned in the US? And the govt borrows on a loan from the rockerfellers and other countries? That does nothing hut compound debt... Alot of that coin was spent on prolonged overseas conflict ... plus alot of us manufacturers get shit made offshore? ...hard to make back money when the middle class is shrinking and u pay other countries for everything

When a country is in debt taxes have to increase ...that's what they are for...I pay like 26% of my wages to taxes each payday in Canada...I don't even see it direct to the taxman like...and alot of wealthy corps will hide extra earnings to avoid taxation...then the average Joe gets hit harder

Anyway I'll leave u guys back to it ... carry on

26% is cheap!  Bernie Sanders will want way over 50%

Jobs left us because the Unions and Taxes made them non competitive. Cut their taxes if they bring jobs back to the US. The good jobs are leaving.

Raising taxes is okay if you cut spending and don't continue to grow it.

The war was a mistake, how Obama handled it was bad too.

The economy is not as good as people  will make you think. There is still a lot of uncertainty.

Yes the US prints it own money. If you keep doing that at some point inflation will set in. Need to make a budget and stick to it. We are very dysfunctional right now but could ge things under control if we get the right pres.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Meh what these guys want now and what will actually happen are completely different things

Look the Republicans in the house are cock blocking anything the Democrats want...that shit costs money..as does the asinine 2-3 year funding campaigns for presidential candidacy

It's like the shit spewed by msnbc, fox and cnn is starting to get to everyone...the media's got their own agendas too

All I know is that when bush was in office at the end there, the cdn dollar was more than the US dollar by a good 20 cents or more...now the us dollar has leaped cdn and is 35-40 cents more...something must be going ok, cuz canada has stayed pretty neutral in our economy as far as I can tell

Maybe the us economy still isn't the best yet but it's gotta be better than it was

I think Obama was focused more on domestic stuff than foreign affairs cuz he inherited such a shit show...a mess made by republicans and now the rupublicans are trying to turn it around like they are saints...u guys can't afford another war like Iraq/Afghanistan

Board footer