You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

bigbri wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

We need someone to disrupt what we've had. Ideally it would be someone good, but we got trump instead.

Are you voting for him if it comes down to Trump/Hilldog?

What about those of you who are democrats, but can't stand Hillary? Are you voting Trump, staying home or biting the bullet and go with another Clinton just to keep the Donald out?

I would vote against Trump. If Trump ran as an Independent and Hillary won the nod, I might consider voting for Rubio or Kasich as the Republican. No way would I support Cruz. Cruz might be more radical than Trump.

Trump is seriously fucking dangerous for this world. I don't know how people can't see that. His temperament is not suited for world politics. Bullying Congress or opponents in his same party is one thing. Taking that kind of attitude toward North Korea or Putin or some Mideast countries will lead to seriously destructive events. His tax plan, of course, just gives more and more money to the rich while pissing on the poor.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Neemo, the reps and DEMS argue in public then play golf and go to parties together. It is all an act. The DEMS supported going to Iraq.  It is not as black and white as you make it.

The shit show Bush left was partially due to democratic policies put in place by Clinton causing a housing crisis causing a banking debacle etc. As much as people may hate Bush he alone in 7 or 8 years could not have single handedly created this.

When Bush left Iraq was actually under control. There was no Isis and there were elections etc.

It is usually not as bad or as good as it seems and reality usually lies in the middle.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

We need someone to disrupt what we've had. Ideally it would be someone good, but we got trump instead.

Are you voting for him if it comes down to Trump/Hilldog?

What about those of you who are democrats, but can't stand Hillary? Are you voting Trump, staying home or biting the bullet and go with another Clinton just to keep the Donald out?

I am unlikely to vote. They are all clowns. There's no point.

AtariLegend wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

When Bush left Iraq was actually under control.

Holy fucking shit.

People like you are seriously scary.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

When Bush left Iraq was actually under control.

Holy fucking shit.

People like you are seriously scary.

Relative to now, it was. They had elections, things were much more stable, there was no ISIS.

Not sure what is hard about this. You think Iraq is better off in 2016 than 2008?  Are you serious? Oh well it is okay to disagree.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

If Saddam was still around there would be no Isis ... isn't the theory that Isis a product of a disbanded Iraqi army? The army that the Bush Administration was responsible for dismantling?

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
Neemo wrote:

If Saddam was still around there would be no Isis ... isn't the theory that Isis a product of a disbanded Iraqi army? The army that the Bush Administration was responsible for dismantling?

Yes on Saddam, but Obama admin could have maintained a level of calm had we not totally left. So Bush fucked up by going in, Obama fucked up by backing the guy that didn't win the election. They had an election and they picked a different guy than that won the presidency. Then we left (though that started under Bush people dispute if we were really forced out). Every expert now will tell you it was a mistake to go in and how we left was a big mistake too.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

A pretty cool summary of the Syria mess:

https://www.facebook.com/ezraklein/vide … 513773410/

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I would vote against Trump. If Trump ran as an Independent and Hillary won the nod, I might consider voting for Rubio or Kasich as the Republican. No way would I support Cruz. Cruz might be more radical than Trump.

There is no way I would vote for either Kasich or Rubio.  They are as dangerous as Trump.  Read up on some of the stuff that Kasich has done in Ohio.  It's probably not on Cruz's level on insanity but it's still bad.  Rubio's an inexperienced empty suit.

I'd hold my nose and vote for Clinton.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Yes on Saddam, but Obama admin could have maintained a level of calm had we not totally left. So Bush fucked up by going in, Obama fucked up by backing the guy that didn't win the election. They had an election and they picked a different guy than that won the presidency. Then we left (though that started under Bush people dispute if we were really forced out). Every expert now will tell you it was a mistake to go in and how we left was a big mistake too.

It's like mistakenly drunk fucking an ugly, clingy girl with low self-esteem and boundary issues; once you go in, the aftermath isn't going to be pretty no matter what you do.

Board footer