You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:
younggunner wrote:

Trump will destroy Hillary. Its just about making sure the repubz come out and vote. If they do, he will win. I dont see Hillary getting anywhere near the voter turnout Obama got.

The establishment is going to try to prevent him from getting to the general election by rigging it at the convention.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I was watching CBS last night & Lindsay Graham came on the air for an interview.  He made no bones about it.  The GOP is going to fight him to the convention.  The hosts & commentators were even saying this thing is bigger than November 2016, and that the GOP has to redirect this ship, to save the party. Even if that means destroying this years election potential, just to salvage themselves & show they're in control. I guess the feat is what happens in 2018 & 2020 with the house & senate races, if these Trumpers begin to alienate the establishment. He's making a mockery of this & it's now become embarrasing.

They're likely going to have a shakeup & rethink alot of their foundational beliefs on things like immigration, abortion, gay marraige etc.  They're views have become dated, not inclusive, and not one aligned to the thinking of young people & minorities.

http://www.cbsnews.com/live/video/super … n-on-race/

"Dishonest beats crazy" - Lindsey Graham on why Hillary would beat Trump.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
younggunner wrote:

Trump will destroy Hillary. Its just about making sure the repubz come out and vote. If they do, he will win. I dont see Hillary getting anywhere near the voter turnout Obama got.

I think it's the opposite. Anyone will crush Trump.

He will not stand up to the serious scrutiny that will come his way in a general election. He's mostly winning these primaries with percentages in the 30s. Republican voters are not going to rally behind him. Hillary is getting 80% of the black vote in the dem primaries. Those two stats alone doom Trump.

younggunner
 Rep: 7 

younggunner wrote:
bigbri wrote:
younggunner wrote:

He will not stand up to the serious scrutiny that will come his way in a general election. He's mostly winning these primaries with percentages in the 30s. Republican voters are not going to rally behind him. Hillary is getting 80% of the black vote in the dem primaries. Those two stats alone doom Trump.

Trump is slightly behind Hillary in the National polls. He hasnt even begun attacking Hillary yet. Once the repubz come to grips they will circle around Donald. Nobody wants Hillary. Who  represents Washington/ the establishment/same ole politics better than the spineless wonder??? Most people are rushing to the polls because they want something different. Once the national campaign begins, Trump will garner more diverse support. Hillary will lose. Only way she doesnt is if the repubz dont come out to vote in November.

Trump can campaign against Hillary and the media and will do well.

Go watch his speech from last night. Completely different tone and demeanor. Its going to be an interesting race and I fully expect for him to beat Hillary if he is the nominee.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

For people who say Trump is the most disliked candidate, what about Hillary? Trump has a lot of haters, but he also has a lot of fans. I have literally not seen a single person say they like Hillary. Not one.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

For people who say Trump is the most disliked candidate, what about Hillary? Trump has a lot of haters, but he also has a lot of fans. I have literally not seen a single person say they like Hillary. Not one.

She has more total votes than anybody in this years election?!

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

She has more total votes than anybody in this years election?!

I know, which is why I'm wondering who those people are. I haven't met any of them.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
younggunner wrote:
bigbri wrote:
younggunner wrote:

Trump is slightly behind Hillary in the National polls. He hasnt even begun attacking Hillary yet. Once the repubz come to grips they will circle around Donald. Nobody wants Hillary. Who  represents Washington/ the establishment/same ole politics better than the spineless wonder??? Most people are rushing to the polls because they want something different. Once the national campaign begins, Trump will garner more diverse support. Hillary will lose. Only way she doesnt is if the repubz dont come out to vote in November.

Trump can campaign against Hillary and the media and will do well.

Go watch his speech from last night. Completely different tone and demeanor. Its going to be an interesting race and I fully expect for him to beat Hillary if he is the nominee.

Everything that has been thrown at Hillary has been known for years. When all of the skeletons come out of Donald Trump's closet, they will be brand new. There could be one every day of the general election, he's got so many.

Republicans actually are saying they won't vote Trump, and if you look at all the election polls, Trump is not often anyone's second choice. It's always Cruz or Rubio. All those voters aren't going to rally behind Trump.

Also, let's keep in mind, Trump is on pace to get less than 50% of the delegates, so a brokered convention is a very real possibility.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Yeah, I heard the same, Hillary will also get Republican endorsements. No one has to like Hillary, the Trump hate will coalesce around her.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

How Donald Trump Can Beat Hillary Clinton

He spent years as a moderate. He spent years as a nationalist. Why can’t he spend six months being a moderate nationalist?

Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton’s Super Tuesdays put them on a collision course this fall. Betting markets make Clinton the strong favorite, given Trump’s high unfavorables, his incendiary comments about minorities, and the fact that members of his own party seem eager to disavow him. But Trump’s strengths and grand strategy make him considerably more dangerous in a general election than people seem to think.

There are two pieces of conventional wisdom about Donald Trump that don't fit comfortably together. On the one hand, people seem to think Trump’s appeal transcends the issues and that he doesn’t really care about policy. On the other hand, he’s considered unelectable because of his policies, like building a Mexican wall and banning Muslim immigrants.

But here’s the problem: If Trump doesn’t care about policy and his appeal truly transcends issues, what’s stopping him from becoming a starkly different person in the general election, the same way he's morphed, with convenient timing, from a moderate businessman—supportive of Canadian health care, a friend of Democrats, an admirer of Hillary Clinton—to a nationalist demagogue?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pragmatists like to seek solace in the quote, “You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.” The quote is falsely attributed to Lincoln (fooling people is easy, it turns out, if you just repeat the fib emphatically enough), yet I wouldn’t be surprised if the Clinton campaign used the line, to contrast the Republican forefather’s virtue with Trump’s chintzy salesmanship.

The thing about majoritarian government, though, is that nobody has to fool everybody all the time. Donald Trump’s objective couldn’t be clearer. He only has to fool half the people once.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arc … e-comments

Board footer