You are not logged in. Please register or login.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

TheMole wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

pollux from a European stand point. Which republican candidate is least likely to start a nuclear war or at least another Iraq that I should cheer on at 2:AM in the morning while watching CNN?

The answer to the question is Kasich, followed by Rubio.

polluxlm wrote:

I consider nuclear war very unlikely for any candidate. Nobody can profit from it, so therefore nobody wants it. Even if someone like Cruz was the religious extremist he portrays himself as (which I doubt), and for some reason wanted to start a war for his God or whatever, he would get little to no support by the people around him. Imo he would be impeached or assassinated before he could reach the button.

I agree that a republican president starting a nuclear war is highly unlikely, but Trump and Cruz's temperament and rhetoric are more likely to flame hatred across the globe, they are more likely to incite less enlightened nations to act first. And with a president Cruz or Trump in office, I'd say it's much more likely they retaliate disproportionally than with a president Kasich or Rubio.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I think you guys are giving the president way too much power. It doesn't work that way.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

http://www.business-standard.com/articl … 261_1.html

Trump leads Florida, but trails in key Ohio.

"In Ohio for the first time, Fox News polls said Trump was lagging behind State Governor John Kasich, who has the support of 34% Republican primary goers, whereas Trump has a support of 29%."

This is a Fox News poll. If he doesn't win Ohio, brokered convention is likely.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Last night's debate was pretty lame.

First, the over dubbing translation stuff was a nightmare. Often times very hard to hear. Spanish/English Spanish/English. I was like, PICK ONE AND GO WITH IT.

I think Hilary won the debate.

Sanders almost seemed to support Castro, was a bad moment for him.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I'm shocked he hasn't been outed as the obvious communist he is yet.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I'm shocked he hasn't been outed as the obvious communist he is yet.

I agree. I didn't think that at first. But after last night it is looking that way.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

http://nypost.com/2016/01/16/dont-be-fo … communist/

Hidden Text:

17.jpg?quality=100&strip=all&w=1636

Obviously that article is biased, but I assume the specific facts are correct. When you name your city The People's Republic of Vermont and your baseball team The Reds, you are a communist. A pretty hardcore one too I'd say. Now defending Castro? Doesn't look like he's had much of a change of heart.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

This is hilarious. So a 20 second clip finally pushed your opinion over the edge of Sanders being a communist? You couldn't look up the rest of the clip where Sanders says Castro and Cuba aren't perfect, but that an uprising never came just because Ronald Reagan doesn't like him? I mean, if it's that easy to sway people, I can see why Trump has a shot at President by just spouting bullshit.

This isn't even a pro-Bernie article, but it tells you why the nypost is wrong. https://pjmedia.com/ronradosh/2016/01/1 … communist/

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

Me? No, I knew he was a communist the first debate I saw from him. Government health care and education, blame it on the big bad rich, expansion of government. He's not a Soviet Communist, but he is a communist. And that's the only thing that article really says too. That Sanders seeked out the extreme left, which tried to sell communism without the stain of Stalinism.   

Do you consider China still communist? That's the direction someone like Sanders wants to go, barring the overt censorship.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Me? No, I knew he was a communist the first debate I saw from him. Government health care and education, blame it on the big bad rich, expansion of government. He's not a Soviet Communist, but he is a communist. And that's the only thing that article really says too. That Sanders seeked out the extreme left, which tried to sell communism without the stain of Stalinism.   

Do you consider China still communist? That's the direction someone like Sanders wants to go, barring the overt censorship.

Political correctness, the thing the extreme left champions, IS censorship.

Board footer