You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

AtariLegend wrote:

In a line or less, Buzz/Smoking. Did you guys support the Iraq war? Just curious, not looking to have discussion on it.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

ID, stick to GNR... Something you know something about. Obama may be the worst POTUS EVER. BIll Clinton was a good Pres however. He was a moderate. Not an extreme liberal. Clinton passed welfare reform, etc. that said the tech bubble burst under Clinton and Bush inherited a bad economy. Then the market crashed based off of the Democrats policy to make everyone a home owner, including people that can't afford a home. That was a democrat policy. Bush's admin tried to shut that down but was not successful. Barney Frank had too much power.

I know you're a right wing shill, so calm down. Outside of Obamacare, all he had to do was not be a republican. He didn't do much and had amateurs running his administration. I seem to remember everyone saying America would collapse in his first term.... Irrational.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I supported Afghanistan. I didn't want to go to Iraq, but like Hillary Clinton I thought there was something to the WMD's and also I saw Bush's side of things thinking you could bring a democracy to a crazy region.  But reality is due to religion and hate that shit won't work and it was a futile attempt.  Then Obama makes matter worse by pulling everyone out making things even worse. So it has been a fuck up after fuck up after fuck up.

Unemployment stats are totally fucked right now. Some many people have fallen the unemployment list from simply giving up or retiring etc. ask college grads how the job market is. It is still bad out. We are becoming a service industry economy and will soon be like the UK. We don't produce fuck anymore. It is all in China and Mexico now.

misterID

misterID wrote:

And I think you're being way dishonest about Clinton's economy, SG. The .com bust happened after he left office, or the tail end, and you're leaving out he had the largest job growth since ww2 after his budget was passed and before the tech boom. Bush inherited government surplus which he squandered with his disastrous presidency.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I supported Afghanistan. I didn't want to go to Iraq, but like Hillary Clinton I thought there was something to the WMD's and also I saw Bush's side of things thinking you could bring a democracy to a crazy region.  But reality is due to religion and hate that shit won't work and it was a futile attempt.  Then Obama makes matter worse by pulling everyone out making things even worse. So it has been a fuck up after fuck up after fuck up.

Unemployment stats are totally fucked right now. Some many people have fallen the unemployment list from simply giving up or retiring etc. ask college grads how the job market is. It is still bad out. We are becoming a service industry economy and will soon be like the UK. We don't produce fuck anymore. It is all in China and Mexico now.

The economy is better than when Bush was in office. Outsourcing is supported by republicans, like you support illigeal immigration for the low wage work force to maximize profits.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Omg, no.  Just no. It's amazing how revisionist history takes over so quickly.

You know that economic indicators lag behind, right?  Things were getting better before Obama took office. He's taking credit for things he had nothing to do with. Whoever is next is going to pay the price for this Healthcare disaster.  You should have to have some basic understanding of how things actually work to vote. Idiots voting is hurting us all.

Sorry, you're wrong. It's not revisionism, it's reality. I'm not even an Obama supporter, but denying reality and listening to people who tell you what you want to hear only helps what you want to think, which is the main goal and why I typically stay out of these threads.

http://cdn.factcheck.org/UploadedFiles/ … 015-Q2.png

I'll tackle the easiest one. Unemployment. This number may or may not be accurate since Obama changed the rules, but let's say it is. It doesn't include those that stopped looking. It doesn't include the underemployed or those that took huge pay cuts to stay employed.  So right there you can dismiss the entire picture. Numbers can be manipulated to say whatever you want them to say. Try talking to real people looking for jobs every day like I do. You'll get a much better picture of how great the economy is or isn't.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Bullshit!  The buble was busting in 2000 before we even elected Bush. 8 months into Bush's time 9/11 happens. What the fuck do you think an economy is going to do with a tech bubble burst and 9/11 happening in an 18 month period.

Newt Gingrich and John Kasich deserve some credit for the Clinton era economy.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

And I think you're being way dishonest about Clinton's economy, SG. The .com bust happened after he left office, or the tail end, and you're leaving out he had the largest job growth since ww2 after his budget was passed and before the tech boom. Bush inherited government surplus which he squandered with his disastrous presidency.

The bust happened after he left, but it propped up his economy and bush was left to clean up the mess it created.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I am not a republican, but the democrats blame GW Bush for every fucking thing. EVERYTHING. they make excuses for Obama about everything. It is comical. Between Clinton, Bush, and Obama, Clinton was the best pres, but Bush was dealt the worst hand.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Bullshit!  The buble was busting in 2000 before we even elected Bush. 8 months into Bush's time 9/11 happens. What the fuck do you think an economy is going to do with a tech bubble burst and 9/11 happening in an 18 month period.

Newt Gingrich and John Kasich deserve some credit for the Clinton era economy.

No they don't, they said the economy would tank. Clinton got that economy by bringing them to the table on top of passing the largest tax increase in history. Everything they predicted failed. They screwed the pooch and was why they hated him. They can take all the credit they want, it ain't the truth.

The bubble happened in 2000. The economy had recovered and prospered before the 1998 tech boom. There was a government surplus, medicare was solvent when he left office, Bush fucked it up.

Board footer