You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

buzzsaw wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

In a line or less, Buzz/Smoking. Did you guys support the Iraq war? Just curious, not looking to have discussion on it.

Don't really care either way tbh. If they had done things right the firstvtime, there wouldn't have been a second one.

Look what happened with Obama. Runs on getting out, first decision after election is it can't be done. He already knew that, but ran on the public emotion. We're still there for a reason. So as unfortunate as the war has been in terms of lives lost, both sides seem to believe it's necessary regardless of who started it.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Clinton could have taken out Osama Bin Laden.... and I think USS Cole and WTC Bombing  happened under his watch. Had Clinton has a 3rd and 4th term much if that decade would have gone the same fucking way.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I am not a republican, but the democrats blame GW Bush for every fucking thing. EVERYTHING. they make excuses for Obama about everything. It is comical. Between Clinton, Bush, and Obama, Clinton was the best pres, but Bush was dealt the worst hand.

Because Bush was a terrible president that crippled the country and the worst administration in the history of thee country. But other than that, he did a pot for aids in Africa, so I give home credit there. For the record, I think it was his administrations fault more than W. But he was the president.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Clinton could have taken out Osama Bin Laden.... and I think USS Cole and WTC Bombing  happened under his watch. Had Clinton has a 3rd and 4th term much if that decade would have gone the same fucking way.

Bush could have taken out Bin Laden too, but didn't. 9/11 happened under Bush's watch, if you really want to go that route...

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

You admit the housing crisis goes back basically to making sure everyone got a house correct? And who propped up those toxic loans and predatory lending to mainly African Americans? THE FUCKING DEMOCRATS. then it all collapsed because everyone got in on it and everyone started taking advantage of it, even the banks because it was easy money. Not everyone needs their own home or free cell phone or free college tuition. It is that mentality that creates this entitlement nanny state that will hurt us for decades to come.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Bush could have taken out Bin Laden too, but didn't. 9/11 happened under Bush's watch, if you really want to go that route...

Yes it did. And Democrats let us know that ALL THE FUCKING TIME.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Obama had nowhere to go but up. So I don't give him much credit and the economy still isn't "back".

Obama is every bit as terrible as Bush but actually worse because he is the ultimate divider though he said he would be a uniter. And his first Attorney General was a fucking race baiting asshole with an agenda.

misterID

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Omg, no.  Just no. It's amazing how revisionist history takes over so quickly.

You know that economic indicators lag behind, right?  Things were getting better before Obama took office. He's taking credit for things he had nothing to do with. Whoever is next is going to pay the price for this Healthcare disaster.  You should have to have some basic understanding of how things actually work to vote. Idiots voting is hurting us all.

Sorry, you're wrong. It's not revisionism, it's reality. I'm not even an Obama supporter, but denying reality and listening to people who tell you what you want to hear only helps what you want to think, which is the main goal and why I typically stay out of these threads.

http://cdn.factcheck.org/UploadedFiles/ … 015-Q2.png

I'll tackle the easiest one. Unemployment. This number may or may not be accurate since Obama changed the rules, but let's say it is. It doesn't include those that stopped looking. It doesn't include the underemployed or those that took huge pay cuts to stay employed.  So right there you can dismiss the entire picture. Numbers can be manipulated to say whatever you want them to say. Try talking to real people looking for jobs every day like I do. You'll get a much better picture of how great the economy is or isn't.

Is the economy great? No. But it is better, and no, you can't keep hanging your hat on hypothetical numbers of people who stopped looking. I'm not doubting what you witness, man, or any real life anecdotal stories, but I've seen people who have done better. The country didn't collapse like it was predicted. That's my point. Wall Mart would not have raised wages in a Bush economy. Many companies have when republicans fought it.

My thing is if these numbers were bad you'd hold them against him.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

You admit the housing crisis goes back basically to making sure everyone got a house correct? And who propped up those toxic loans and predatory lending to mainly African Americans? THE FUCKING DEMOCRATS. then it all collapsed because everyone got in on it and everyone started taking advantage of it, even the banks because it was easy money. Not everyone needs their own home or free cell phone or free college tuition. It is that mentality that creates this entitlement nanny state that will hurt us for decades to come.

I'm not a democrat. Im not taking up for any of that. There was no oversight or regulation, either, that caused the predatory loans. I wonder who's on the side of no regulation, hmmm.

And it also happened under Bush.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Sorry, you're wrong. It's not revisionism, it's reality. I'm not even an Obama supporter, but denying reality and listening to people who tell you what you want to hear only helps what you want to think, which is the main goal and why I typically stay out of these threads.

http://cdn.factcheck.org/UploadedFiles/ … 015-Q2.png

I'll tackle the easiest one. Unemployment. This number may or may not be accurate since Obama changed the rules, but let's say it is. It doesn't include those that stopped looking. It doesn't include the underemployed or those that took huge pay cuts to stay employed.  So right there you can dismiss the entire picture. Numbers can be manipulated to say whatever you want them to say. Try talking to real people looking for jobs every day like I do. You'll get a much better picture of how great the economy is or isn't.

Is the economy great? No. But it is better, and no, you can't keep hanging your hat on hypothetical numbers of people who stopped looking. I'm not doubting what you witness, man, or any real life anecdotal stories, but I've seen people who have done better. The country didn't collapse like it was predicted. That's my point. Wall Mart would not have raised wages in a Bush economy. Many companies have when republicans fought it.

My thing is if these numbers were bad you'd hold them against him.

Would i?  I don't really go after anyone. Sure, if someone wants to falsely make claims, I'll shut that down in a hurry,  but I don't like any politicians. None of them care about you or me and the sooner the country figures that out, the sooner we can actually take steps towards saving this country.

Board footer