You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: GUNS N' ROSES Rumor: IZZY STRADLIN To Take Limited Role In Reunion Rea

johndivney wrote:
misterID wrote:

I love Izzy, but he's nowhere near Slash level importance to the average Joe. He's already played with both GNR and VR and it was bigger news when Duff guested with GNR. I don't see GNR having any bigger impact than they are right now. It's actually pretty damn huge right now. Izzy and Steven don't bring anything more than pure sentimentality with some hardcore's, IMO.

I actually agree w/your original point, but by this stage ^ you're actually contradicting yourself. If they bring more therefore it can have a bigger impact.
Think of it like this: some hardcores are staying away because there's no Izzy (or Steven). They would be brought back into the crowd & therefore making it bigger. The fans/crowd that have already signed up don't care, but there exists a small minority who could theoretically make the whole thing bigger if it makes the difference for them. If the average joe has already signed up for Slash, then in theory the hardcores would make it bigger.. No??
No..

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Marketing the tour as the original lineup will give a boost to ticket sales in a couple years.     Just saying they don't need to do it yet.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
johndivney wrote:
misterID wrote:

I love Izzy, but he's nowhere near Slash level importance to the average Joe. He's already played with both GNR and VR and it was bigger news when Duff guested with GNR. I don't see GNR having any bigger impact than they are right now. It's actually pretty damn huge right now. Izzy and Steven don't bring anything more than pure sentimentality with some hardcore's, IMO.

I actually agree w/your original point, but by this stage ^ you're actually contradicting yourself. If they bring more therefore it can have a bigger impact.
Think of it like this: some hardcores are staying away because there's no Izzy (or Steven). They would be brought back into the crowd & therefore making it bigger. The fans/crowd that have already signed up don't care, but there exists a small minority who could theoretically make the whole thing bigger if it makes the difference for them. If the average joe has already signed up for Slash, then in theory the hardcores would make it bigger.. No??
No..

But is that portion of the fanbase who will stay home because of Izzy and Steven really that big, or significant? Do they even really exist off the forums? Would the band really miss anything in terms of revenue? I don't believe so... And is it worth the hassle to deal with the two most irresponsible and undependable members and the headaches that would follow? Eh... I'm still not sure that fragment of the hardcore's are actually real.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I agree with Mister. Get some proshot film of the original 5 doing some songs at Vegas. The big news is Slash is back in GNR.  Do the original 5 first or not at all. A year from now Slash will want to tour his new album and Axl will need a break from the tour.

AtariLegend wrote:

I don't think anyone who is or isn't going to buy a ticket is going to care who's on drums. Forums members posting stuff like that on videos and articles is ridiculous.

I do think Izzy might make a bit of a difference (not much more than their already is) if he was advertised, but where those UYI shows after Izzy/Adler left failures?

Considering ticket sales so far, it's not looking too bad. We'll see though once they announce shows in places outside NY/Toronto in a while.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

In my opinion any media complaints about the lack of Izzy or Steven is hipster nonsense equating to the usual music snob "only their first albums are good" type stuff. If the reunion was all 5 guys it was transform into complaints about their age.

In my opinion there's three groups of fans here:

1. a handful of genuine fans that actually care - hard core izzy fans - the type of people who have all his solos albums and actually listen to them - you know who you are - there's some on this board from memory - but it's pretty underground in real life. Izzy isn't exactly well known anymore really.

2. Mainstream GNR fans who might prefer izzy if asked but really only care about Axl and Slash.

3. Hipsters who will find a way to hate this reunion to prove their knowledge.

2cnyrna.png

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

1. a handful of genuine fans that actually care - hard core izzy fans - the type of people who have all his solos albums and actually listen to them - you know who you are - there's some on this board from memory - but it's pretty underground in real life. Izzy isn't exactly well known anymore really.

I'm one of them 9 My dream scenario is for Izzy to do a solo show in the UK but I'd settle for him performing with Axl/Slash/Duff 22 I'm not even joking, I've already seen Izzy/Axl together a few times and it was fucking awesome everytime but I've yet to see a solo gig.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:
Will wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I'm one of them 9 My dream scenario is for Izzy to do a solo show in the UK but I'd settle for him performing with Axl/Slash/Duff 22 I'm not even joking, I've already seen Izzy/Axl together a few times and it was fucking awesome everytime but I've yet to see a solo gig.

Izzy doesn't do may shows at all does he - when was the last time he's done a tour, or a solo show?

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
RaZor wrote:

Izzy doesn't do may shows at all does he - when was the last time he's done a tour, or a solo show?

As a solo artist:-

- Performed one song, "Tijuana/TJ", from his solo album Miami at the Appetite anniversary show in 2007
- Performed 4 shows in Japan in 2000 to support the release of his CD "Ride On"

Prior to that his last dates performing as a solo artist were on the Ju Ju Hounds tour in 1992/1993.

So yeah it's been a while. Izzy hasn't performed a solo gig in USA/Europe in 23 years. Fuck this Guns N Roses reunion bollocks and give me a solo show any day 14 9

Edit: To be fair to Izzy he has released about 10 studio albums in the time it's taken for Axl to release one lol

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Dream world? Give me AFD 5 with 2 drum sets and Sorum. So AFD+1. Let Axl handle keys like Greg Allman.

Board footer