You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Re: GUNS N' ROSES Rumor: IZZY STRADLIN To Take Limited Role In Reunion Rea

Will wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Dream world? Give me AFD 5 with 2 drum sets and Sorum. So AFD+1. Let Axl handle keys like Greg Allman.

If dreams are coming true I may as well ask for Bucket to come out and do a solo or two. Us GN'R fans will never be 100% satisfied, we always want more 16

darkhelmet
 Rep: 0 

darkhelmet wrote:

seeing those four guys on stage together again is going to be insane.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
darkhelmet wrote:

seeing those four guys on stage together again is going to be insane.

Nothing is confirmed yet though, might just be the 3 neutral

johndivney wrote:
misterID wrote:

But is that portion of the fanbase who will stay home because of Izzy and Steven really that big, or significant? Do they even really exist off the forums? Would the band really miss anything in terms of revenue? I don't believe so... And is it worth the hassle to deal with the two most irresponsible and undependable members and the headaches that would follow? Eh... I'm still not sure that fragment of the hardcore's are actually real.

Well, there's Will for one.
If they'd have announced it was solely the AFD5 I'd have travelled to Vegas.
P sure there was someone else on here.
That's 3, possibly.
Just saying.. You said it couldn't get any bigger then gave reasons why it could be slightly bigger.

Bit harsh calling out Izzy/Steven as the most irresponsible/undependable but that's another matter.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

But is that portion of the fanbase who will stay home because of Izzy and Steven really that big, or significant? Do they even really exist off the forums? Would the band really miss anything in terms of revenue? I don't believe so...

I tend to agree with this.

The thing is it's being presented in the media as the GNR reunion. For example Ultimate Classic Rock on facebook that I follow posted an article "Guns N' Roses announce another reunion concert" over the mexico dates.

I would speculate average joe type fans only care about Slash and Axl, and then it's music hardcores and forum people that care about the AFD 5 - and out of those while most might prefer a full reunion at this stage of the game people will take what they can get.

So i'd guess actual boycotting fans wouldn't be significant in numbers.

I totally get people like Will and John might choose to boycott the shows over his absence...but I doubt that many people are so heavily invested in the drums and rhythm guitar. No disrespect to Steven Izzy, Will or John intended in saying that.

I don't think us forum peeps are indicative of normal casual fans. I drove a 15 hour round trip to see new GNR in 2010. On this site that's probably pretty normal right? bet i'm not the only one with such a story -  but it's not something joe public would do. Same thing with boycotting for Izzy - it would be more common here online that in a wider sample IMO - and these shows are being marketed to the casuals who liked GNR back in UYI days etc - not just us.

johndivney wrote:

I dunno if the average joes even care that much about Slash being back tbh.
It was them, with their disposable income, that bought into the brand that filled the most recent tours. A lot of fans & hardcores stayed away from the '08/'09 shows. I didn't do the '09 shows.

My original point was still, it may be relatively inconsequential but it still does make a difference.

& im not boycotting. I'll be going wherever/whenever they hit Europe sans-Izzy. I'm just saying it'd have been bigger if it was the AFD5 for those shows.. I'd have made it bigger wink

AtariLegend wrote:

We should not be grouping Izzy with Adler, those are two completely different things.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

We should not be grouping Izzy with Adler, those are two completely different things.

Neither can be depended on, but for completely different reasons.

johndivney wrote:

Where do these doubts about Izzys professionalism come from? When have they ever not been able to depend on him? Hell he even filled in for Gilby when Gilby couldn't be depended upon/got injured..??
Izzy's a freakin rock. Always been there when asked, no??

Stevens only real public fuck up was at farm aid. Obv he has his own issues these days (& then) but even still this notion that he's any less reliable than Axl is a bit peculiar when you look at their professional (mis)conduct & performances.

Bullshit I say. MrID overreached when he called them out as being the two most irresponsible/undependable.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

There were several dates Izzy agreed to play with GNR where he no showed, as recently as the Vegas gigs in 2014. They literally had no idea when he would decide to show up. Izzy time is more erratic than Axl time. I haven't seen anything to say in the last ten years that Izzy even wants a steady touring gig. Axl has actually had a good track record the last few tours.

Steven couldn't keep his shit together to open for Loaded in Japan. Then turns around and blames Duff for not being sensitive enough because he's a drunk. If you think his only meltdown/fuck up was farm aid, I don't know what to tell you neutral

I don't think that was an overreach.

Board footer