You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Re: Izzy Stradlin 'Stuck in the Middle With You'

Will wrote:

Izzy has always kept fans in the loop. He would pass info through chopaway.com, the Youtube channel "classicrockstuffs", and through Duff (eg. RNRHOF, "Izzy dont tweet" etc).

This is no different than before. He still sent me the update to pass on, and he's using "classicrockstuffs" to post these videos.

Duff might be on a gag order and that's why Izzy has decided to finally jump on Twitter for himself? The promoter handing over $20m or whatever probably wouldn't take kindly to Duff announcing Izzy won't be involved and deflating the "OMG Reunion!!!" hype 16

Major Mayhem
 Rep: 6 

Major Mayhem wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Major Mayhem wrote:

This week's songs are the beginning of his version of Chinese Democracy?

Maybe...except it takes Izzy two days instead of 10 years to whip up. 16 15

14 exactly!

pacu44
 Rep: 3 

pacu44 wrote:
Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
pacu44 wrote:

Kick ass!

johndivney wrote:

Wearing a hat indoors? Hmmm.. Izzy losing cool points by the minute at this rate!

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Make sure you give Izzys account a retweet big_smile

https://twitter.com/IzzyStradlin999/status/705819296107098112

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

love it!    Izzy is the only original member who can get away with recording old cover songs like this and putting them out on youtube.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Wearing a hat indoors? Hmmm.. Izzy losing cool points by the minute at this rate!

I hope thats sarcasm. Check the hat stand in the corner of the room...

"Now whoooooo would live in a hoooome like thiiiissss??"

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I fucking love these Izzy videos, and i love the fact he's came outta the wilderness to fuck with everyones head. The guys a fucking jester!

As Will pointed out somewhere.... theres so many threads its all over the place, its hard to keep track... but this guy fucked with you's for ages on twitter, and if it wasnt for Will, EVERYONE would have put this down as a fake profile, he kept nonchalantly noising everyone up and getting them riled... he made a pretty convincing fake, he really did.

Now everyone is sure, *cough* sorry, now they know its him, that he has an agenda...

Well I'm not convinced, in my opinion if he is slighted, its just that this isnt a real reunion and he wants to remind folk so.

I dont think he's trying to get in or trying to get out, Axl n'Slash back together is a fucking huge deal and folk coming out of the woodwork to say Izzy's recording with GNR and will perform with this GNR, thats a whole lot of Izzy rumours that are on another level from anytime he's been mentioned in the press in the last 20 years. I really think the guy felt he had to put his voice out there to dampen the expectations, Slash N Duff are on radio silence and Axls side of things is a fucking farce. I really think the guy felt pressured into making a public appearence to stop people popping up in the media using his name for their self promotion at his personal expense.

And the best thing thats came out of this? Axl, Slash and others have described Izzy as a bit flakey and the forum nerds ran with it to run him down when it suited their argument, its became folklore.

But this whole Izzygate has shown that he is a bit flakey and unpredictable after all ... but I think it humanizes that description, he is,  but its in a kinda cute and weird way instead of a negative kind of trait.

Fuckin' Izzy Stradlin, nae bother!!

izzy

johndivney wrote:
Olorin wrote:
johndivney wrote:

I hope thats sarcasm. Check the hat stand in the corner of the room...

"Now whoooooo would live in a hoooome like thiiiissss??"

No sarcasm. Nothing wrong with a hat stand. Something wrong with wearing a hat indoors tho.

Board footer