You are not logged in. Please register or login.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

Re: New Autographed GUNS N' ROSES Drumhead Appears To Confirm Lineup

zombux wrote:

nah guys, Frank can play the f**k of all GNR songs, he's the best GNR could pick. yes, Matt might do hell of a job during UYI days, but after he left GNR, he's always behaved like a real douche... I don't like him as a person. not even talking about Adler, a wreck of a formerly cool drummer, but it was freaking 26 years ago. Brain could do a great job at some songs, but butchered some others (like YCBM). for me, Thunderchucker is #1 of all possible options they now have.
and about Izzy - I'm sure he'll make a guest apperance when he decides to. no idea why people are so overly dramatic about his non-involvement at the moment. Izzy does what Izzy wants to do and we all know how shy he is. I know he'll be around and I'm completely fine with it smile

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Actually I'd go further and say the real reason it bothers me about frank is the earlier drummers are keen and available.

Izzy is different as he has not shown any desire to return properly to GNR or be in a band of that level etc.

Meanwhile Adler begs to rejoin the band and played on their most famous album.

Matt has played on 50% of GNR records and is doing nothing.

Frank has played on 3 songs and gets the gig.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Actually I'd go further and say the real reason it bothers me about frank is the earlier drummers are keen and available.

Izzy is different as he has not shown any desire to return properly to GNR or be in a band of that level etc.

Meanwhile Adler begs to rejoin the band and played on their most famous album.

Matt has played on 50% of GNR records and is doing nothing.

Frank has played on 3 songs and gets the gig.

Monkey, it's not that he got the gig. He was already in the band and Duff (then) Slash rejoined it. It had nothing to do with Matt or Steven, as I doubt Axl would have gone that route. The line up was already there when they came back into the fold.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

Monkey, it's not that he got the gig. He was already in the band and Duff (then) Slash rejoined it. It had nothing to do with Matt or Steven, as I doubt he would have gone that route. The line up was already there when they came back into the fold.

Perhaps but the band has basically been on hiatus for a very long time.

It's obvious DJ and Tommy took a polite exit when it became obvious Axl was considering a reunion.

Frank, Dizzy and Richard were all doing dead daisies which I guess is why frank must stay as part of the package.

I just think this band needs to decide what it is.

If this isn't a reunion. Where's the interviews, when's the next album and why have we gone back to retro branding? If this is a reunion - maybe we should actually reunite some more of the people who made the band good back in the day.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Pitman is on that stage in Vegas.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I think the term is rebranded, not reunion.

The band was getting ready for 2016 regardless. Duff was in already. When DJ split it gave them THE perfect opportunity with Slash and the search to replace Bumble simultaneously ceased.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I agree with Monkey on the Frank thing. Yeah, Frank can play, so not really dissing him there, but to me Matt is a part of the iconic UYI era, also played on TSI, and went on to play with Slash in Snakepit, and Slash and Duff in VR.

Frank isn't really a dent in the GNR saga aside from touring since Brain stepped out, and re-recording some drums played by two drummers before him on CD.

Matt has revealed he was much more involved in the process working alongside Axl in drum parts for songs too.

And while Izzy ain't involved, Fortus is a killer guitarist to keep in Izzy's place.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

the term is not reunion, that's right. in fact, this is another new lineup, albeit with some returning members.
and yes, I fully agree that Richard is the best guy to step into Izzy's shoes - the only difference is, that he most probably lacks Izzy's writing skills. well, nobody is expecting them from him anyway smile

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah I have no problem with Frank himself, he's a good drummer in general and a nice guy, but Matt is a better drummer and has done a lot more for GNR history than Frank. Is matt is available it's silly to let politics mean that we have to use frank.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
zombux wrote:

the term is not reunion, that's right. in fact, this is another new lineup, albeit with some returning members.

It doesn't really feel like that though if they don't do more than play a hits setlist for a few shows.

Slash is returning to conspirators at the end of the year and dropping an album of new material with them then.

If GNR doesn't release any new music with this line up, then it's basically just a handful of reunion shows.

Board footer