You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DtM51
 Rep: 6 

Re: New Autographed GUNS N' ROSES Drumhead Appears To Confirm Lineup

DtM51 wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Anybody complaining about this lineup should point their frustration at Slash and Duff. They chose to rejoin the band. It's not Axl's fault that Adler, Sorum, Stradlin, etc. aren't a part of it - Slash and Duff chose to rejoin a current touring entity. They were clearly ok with rejoining Axl's band, and obviously they don't care about other former members because they are happy to play these shows without an ultimatum. MAYBE at the end of the day the compromise was no 3rd guitarist, no second keyboardist, but nothing related to who the other "2" were.

So basically Axl is getting what he wanted, and this lineup may be more than a one off money grab.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Pitman hasn't been squeezed out though. The drumhead doesn't mean he's out. And even if he stops touring, which he was considering, he will still be involved somehow. And Duff was a part of the new line up before Slash. There was no intention of a reunion. Axl had always been clear about that. I really don't get the stumping for Adler and Matt. As per the marketing, the main attraction are the big three, and they're milking it. Good for them. As far as the band goes, it's no different than Bucket and Robin rejoining. It's more a step forward than backward.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
misterID wrote:

It's no different than Bucket and Robin rejoining.

It is by the simple fact there wouldnt be any marketng if those rejoined.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

Pitman hasn't been squeezed out though. The drumhead doesn't mean he's out. And even if he stops touring, which he was considering, he will still be involved somehow.

That's what they said about Brain.

misterID

misterID wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

Pitman hasn't been squeezed out though. The drumhead doesn't mean he's out. And even if he stops touring, which he was considering, he will still be involved somehow.

That's what they said about Brain.

Brain left on his own and still maintained a place in the band, and was willing to tour again, but Frank had moved into the part fulltime, Brain respected that and walked away. Chris and Axl were recently in the studio. I just think we shouldn't be so quick to say he's out, or not even give the line up a chance before they play a note together... At least on stage. I do not believe they "need" Sorum. Some fans just want him. Give them a chance before we start pulling out the pitchforks.

misterID

misterID wrote:
otto wrote:
misterID wrote:

It's no different than Bucket and Robin rejoining.

It is by the simple fact there wouldnt be any marketng if those rejoined.

Dude, I said pretty clearly the big three are marketing the fuck out of the fact these guys were playing together again, to make as much cash as possible. That's the difference. I was talking about the line up itself. Two guys are rejoining an existing line up. It wouldn't be a reunion.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Most people prefer Sorum but will accept Frank. Fortus is cool with most because he can fucking play and he wants to tour and he is a real pro. Also he can shred the CD ERA stuff. Frank is on less material than Gilby and I think Sorum is a more accomplished drummer and he is from the classic era. Axl and his boyz are still he majority. If Sorum comes in it is Matt, Duff, and Slash on one side and Axl, Dizzy, and Fortus on the other as far as loyalty. Maybe Axl doesn't want to be out numbered.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Will Slash play the Silver Jubilees or the AFD 100 amps?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

If it's a new line up then it  will need to do something like make some music, and it's curious that if it's not a reunion the entire branding of the band has reverted back to 1991.

I guess Matt would want to be paid properly though, much like Izzy would.

I'm excited about these shows, but I don't think the band is covering itself in glory here - selling out old members so they don't have to pay them - not even giving fans the respect of an interview to explain either why this happened or where it's headed. I mean i'm excited about the show...but as I said earlier in the thread...it's clear all of them are just always out for #1.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

My hope is this is a teaser. If Slash works good with Axl they bring back Izzy, Adler, Sorum. Maybe baby steps is the strategy.

Board footer