You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: What's your dream song inclusion for these shows?

Smoking Guns wrote:

I am fine with no Attitude and So Fine.

AtomsNest
 Rep: 10 

AtomsNest wrote:

Bad Apples
Locomotive
Sentimental Movie
So Fine

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

So, I figured I'd try to put together a (somewhat) realistic setlist. This is based on the best-case scenario rumours that have been floating around – Izzy and Adler doing guest spots, a VR track, some Chinese Democracy material included and a new song (as per the rumours floating around, it's Atlas Shrugged – subbed in for Catcher, since it's allegedly a similar piano-led track).

I've tried to apply some rational thought to the setlist – it's loosely based on the most recent gigs, as this is effectively a "continuation" of Axl's GN'R with Slash and Duff subbed in for Tommy and DJ/Bumble. I've added solo spots and Izzy/Duff-led songs so Axl can go and huff oxygen backstage, assumed that they'll break out the tracks they've historically played and in roughly the same order, tried to balance fast/slow stuff and albums of different material in there. And I stuck Sailing in there 'cause why not? smile

Intro (The General)
Welcome to the Jungle
It's So Easy
Mr Brownstone
Estranged
Fortus solo (James Bond theme)
Live and Let Die
This I Love
So Fine (Duff vocals)
Dizzy solo (Another Brick in the Wall?)
Atlas Shrugged
14 Years (Izzy vocals)
Fall To Pieces
You Could Be Mine
Slash solo (Godfather)
Sweet Child O' Mine
Civil War
Axl piano jam
November Rain
You're Crazy (slow)
Yesterdays
Slash/Fortus guitar duet (Beautiful?)
Rocket Queen (Adler guest drums)
Knockin' on Heaven's Door
Madagascar
Patience
Nightrain

Encore
Sailing
Don't Cry (Adler/Izzy guest)
Paradise City (Adler/Izzy guest)

Sky Dog wrote:

since MSL has hinted that Atlas Shrugged may be released, I will go with that for my "dream". 

Overall, I expect a pretty generic setlist.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Not bad 11day!

I would like no more LALD, So Fine, or Attitude..

I like Sky Dog's suggestion of Atlas Shrugged.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Not bad 11day!

I would like no more LALD, So Fine, or Attitude..

I like Sky Dog's suggestion of Atlas Shrugged.

Yeah, I think a lot of people want to ditch the covers, but... they're well-established in the set list, they're iconic GN'R songs and I don't see them going anywhere any time soon. Likewise the Duff-vocal tracks – Axl needs some rest time, and putting Duff front and centre at least means you've got an OG GN'R guy up there performing.

Bear in mind that isn't my dream setlist – more a best-case scenario based on rumours and reasonable expectations. I mean, I'd love to hear Perfect Crime or Don't Damn Me but they might be a stretch for Axl to perform...

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

If they play the last Vegas set list I would be happy.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

So, I figured I'd try to put together a (somewhat) realistic setlist. This is based on the best-case scenario rumours that have been floating around – Izzy and Adler doing guest spots, a VR track, some Chinese Democracy material included and a new song (as per the rumours floating around, it's Atlas Shrugged – subbed in for Catcher, since it's allegedly a similar piano-led track).

I've tried to apply some rational thought to the setlist – it's loosely based on the most recent gigs, as this is effectively a "continuation" of Axl's GN'R with Slash and Duff subbed in for Tommy and DJ/Bumble. I've added solo spots and Izzy/Duff-led songs so Axl can go and huff oxygen backstage, assumed that they'll break out the tracks they've historically played and in roughly the same order, tried to balance fast/slow stuff and albums of different material in there. And I stuck Sailing in there 'cause why not? smile

Intro (The General)
Welcome to the Jungle
It's So Easy
Mr Brownstone
Estranged
Live and Let Die
This I Love
So Fine (Duff vocals)
Dizzy solo (Another Brick in the Wall?)
Atlas Shrugged
14 Years (Izzy vocals)
Fall To Pieces
You Could Be Mine
Slash solo (Godfather)
Sweet Child O' Mine
Civil War
Axl piano jam
November Rain
You're Crazy (slow)
Yesterdays
Slash/Fortus guitar duet (Beautiful?)
Madagascar
Patience
Nightrain

Encore
Sailing

That's a fine setlist, but with only two CD songs I would hardly call that a continuation of Axl's GNR.

If I were to build on this, I'd drop some of the slower/piano stuff (and if Atlas Shrugged really is yet another piano ballad, I'd hope they debut another new song instead) and substitute for more rockers. For Axl to save face, I think you'd need to include CD, and given that it's a rocker that's easy for him to sing I'm betting it'll be in there (and I don't mind). If Pitman is really out, I think they'll drop Maddy. Since the better rockers on CD are sort off out of character for classic Guns, it might be better to pick up Slither and/or Set Me Free instead of adding Scrapped and Shackler's. I'm on the fence about Better, and really don't like Riad.

So how about this:

Welcome to the Jungle
Chinese Democracy
It's So Easy
Mr Brownstone
Slither
Live and Let Die
This I Love
So Fine (Duff vocals)
14 Years (Izzy vocals)
Fall To Pieces
You Could Be Mine
Set Me Free
Slash solo
Sweet Child O' Mine
Civil War
Axl piano jam
November Rain
You're Crazy (slow)
Yesterdays
Slash/Fortus guitar duel
Patience
Nightrain

Encore

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I need Sorum on YCBM to make this complete...

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

Also, I think Axl could easily pull off Don't Damn me if he's in shape physically. Yes, there's a lot of words to be sung there, but at least vocally he can for the most part use the lower register "CD" style voice (except for the slow part in the middle).

I saw a lot of people put this on their 'filler' list, but I absolutely love that song and think it would kick ass live!

Board footer