You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The United Kingdom General Election, 2nd May 2024

johndivney wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Very torn on this one. The problem is there's just no credible opposition to consider voting for. I don't like the way the Tories are handling things domestically however I do think they are probably the best party to take us through Brexit.

Please do not use your vote for the tories. Let's assume they are going to win in a landslide, what good does your vote do? Except to put you on the winning side, it only emboldens them further, gives them carte blanche to inact their reactionary right wing draconian manifesto. Please at the very least, use your vote to help form a credible opposition to at least erect some semblance of balance and debate in the years ahead.

How are they the best party to take us thru Brexit? They're the ones that cause this in the first place. They're the ones that are decimating the NHS, they're the ones who's financial handling has gotten out of control budget after budget, missed target and empty promise after another. They're good at only one thing, shouting louder.
Please don't vote Tory. Please.

AtariLegend wrote:

I'm so tempted to try and claim Irish Citizenship at this point for an EU passport with the inevitable outcome of this election, despite never stepping foot across the border or anywhere near it.

AtariLegend wrote:

Theresa May's election pitch in a nutshell;

6ae67035-994e-45a0-8606-6c3b8181e9aa_zpsffqogsmi.png

johndivney wrote:

The demagoguery & thoughtlessness makes me a sad panda. People are such a disappointment. I'll never understand them. Or I will & they'll just continue to disappoint me. Horrible atmosphere at the minute. Reckless & stupid.

The bankers/financial sector starting to abandon ship, be curious to see the Tory response. Prob will be predictable enough..

johndivney wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Very torn on this one. The problem is there's just no credible opposition to consider voting for. I don't like the way the Tories are handling things domestically however I do think they are probably the best party to take us through Brexit.

How many Conservative MP's are being investigated for electoral fraud atm?

May & Davies are doin a great job this week of taking us thru Brexit.. bloody difficult one day, strong and stable every day. Certainly appealing to the eurosceptic twats who got us into this mess in the first place. Yea, they're not handling things too well domestically: The doubling of national debt in the age of (the failed policy of) austerity(!). Wtf doesn't even come close to covering the asinine insanity.
I suppose even when it's all over, 5-10years from now they can still blame the EU (& Labour) for everything that's gone wrong. & people will still vote for them.
Fucks sake. From what I can see there's nothing to be torn about. These fucking slimeball cretins are the enemy. The enemy of decency!

AtariLegend wrote:
johndivney wrote:

How many Conservative MP's are being investigated for electoral fraud atm?

AtariLegend wrote:

Over 30 Tory MPs are being investigated by police for illegal spending in the 2015 election, but will let the conservatives brush it aside.

Enough to cause a hung parliament if charges were brought about and to make it possible for the Tories to be outvoted until the by-elections were called where Tories would be re-running for the seats under a scandal.

The election means given the polls, it wouldn't matter if the charges were brought about retrospectively. Tories are going to survive even if they lost all 30+ and then the election wouldn't be till 2022, in which case Murdoch/Daily Mail will have made sure people forgot about it.

This also means that assuming no deal is reached, as looks likely... the Tories won't face an election immediately afterwards and the consequences in 2020.

Worse than that, it's up to channel 4 to bring attention to all the investigations. BBC have their licenses fee to worry about and Murdoch/Mail are the reasons she doesn't have do debates or promise anything.

It's like something out off House of Cards...

AtariLegend wrote:

So in a few days where Russians attempt to manipulate French elections before the polls open, the Tories try to imply that the evil EU is rigging the UK elections for Labor!

This fucking country.

johndivney wrote:

A big thing here how responsible is the press/media for such a shift to the right. There's very little accountability or rational debate allowed. Any sort of progress or progressive attitude is lambasted & label treachery when it's actually the other side who are betraying the country for their own gains, & the turkeys are buying into it. The spin is out of control.

AtariLegend wrote:

We have the Daily Hate and Rupert Murdoch, this isn't a democracy anyway.

That said, it's not like people in NI's vote counts anyway.

johndivney wrote:

The mendacity of the press (& tories) is so blindingly obvious I just can't fathom the English electorate in this regard.

Board footer