You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The United Kingdom General Election, 2nd May 2024

johndivney wrote:

It'll be a Tory landslide.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I think Labour will take some seats back but I still expect a Tory majority.

Unless Scotland realises a vote for SNP is a vote for a Tory goverment Labour will always struggle.

AtariLegend wrote:

Only 2 polling companies still predicting hung parliament (both are fairly dubious). Everything else is suggesting a big Tory win.

Really a sickening feeling. I'd actually vote for Labour here if there was a candidate, there isn't. However there is a fucking UKIP, Tory candidate... It's infinitely much worse than Brexit.

People are voting to scrap human rights, a state controlled Internet, cutting A&E departments/public services and more austerity today on the whims of a right wing media. Rupert Murdoch's going to gain full control over Sky News in a few weeks.

Hooray for democracy and FPTP. At least the voters could have made it close and wrecked her huge mandate argument!

I can see it now in 2022 as well if the EU decide to tell her to fuck off. She'll campaign on how the evil EU tried to force the treaty of versailies on the UK. The right wingers will lob it up.

A decade and we can finally be a Daily Mail driven hate nation from a Black Mirror episode.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Exit poll showing Tories largest party but short of a majority. Lets see what the night holds but if it's correct I think it's a moral victory for Labour and probably the best they could have realistically hoped for.

AtariLegend wrote:

Fucking yes!

Fuck your mandate you witch!

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Fucking yes!

Fuck your mandate you witch!

Yeah, I'll be glad if it backfires on her. Lib Dem get respect for saying they'll legalise the herb, that's a policy I'll agree with wholeheartedly!

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Fill me in!!! What presidents are these cats most like.

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:

Hung Parliament, no Tory majority. It seems that the voting public didn't take to May's 'Strong & Stable' mantra, and now she is weakened because of it.

I'm glad I didn't vote for her, her arrogance was astounding.

johndivney wrote:

Still fuckin despicable how many people voted conservative ffs.

AtariLegend wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Still fuckin despicable how many people voted conservative ffs.

Imagine someone who campaigned "against a coalition of chaos" and the accusations that Corbyn was some kind of Jiadi terrorist with links to the IRA then forming a government with the DUP.

Board footer