You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The United Kingdom General Election, 2nd May 2024

johndivney wrote:

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story ^

A Private Eye wrote:

I think we could end up with a hung parliament.

APE called it. Woulda been worth putting a fiver on it a week out from the election.

I quite like the idea of coalition parliaments. Granted the last one we had was a disaster, but in theory, & in practice elsewhere, they work. It's just we had Tory scum & the lib dems who were crazy & punchdrunk the last time, & this time we have Tory scum & the mental neanderthals DUP.

Yea it won't last, but neither will Corbyn's popularity/this feel good/hope. & I men the tories actually increased their vote by 5% which is evidence of some kind of craziness going on. The people voting for them are the ones most affected by their austerity policies ffs.
Hopefully the tide is turning. I don't believe it tho.

AtariLegend wrote:

You have to admit, it's kind of hilarious if the DUP are going to be making demands about Drumcree  and Farage given the lead in Brexit negotiations.

It's really exposing this part of the country for the loonies that we have and that people vote for.

This is all just, because Cameron thought he could win some UKIP votes by having an EU referendum last year and not consider the consequences.

AtariLegend wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Hopefully the tide is turning. I don't believe it tho.

What a fuckin' mystic.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

It’s been a quiet couple of years since we last spoke on this 16

AtariLegend wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

It's been going on so long now, that England even made a semi final.

Who knows, maybe Axl will release a new album before this is finished?

-edit-

That last part will not happen.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Best bit is this isn't even the beginning of the end. It's the end of the beginning 16

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

AtariLegend wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

It's been going on so long now, that England even made a semi final.

Who knows, maybe Axl will release a new album before this is finished?

-edit-

That last part will not happen.

Yep dead as the dodo on here when that happened as well. Sure you’re all online when we get humped by Iceland but 2 years later we make the WC semi and everyones on hiatus. BS.

What’s peoples thoughts, leaving on Oct 31st (with or without a deal) or an extension again?

AtariLegend wrote:

Legally he can't leave without a deal on 31st, regardless of any stunt he pulls. Which is why they want an election.

People voting Lib Dem for a second referendum, ironically makes it less likely since it'll just hurt Labour. Torries are way ahead in polls. I'm not sure a 2017 repeat is likely this time.

The only way out for Boris is a no deal exit, but an election before there's any consquences. He could bring back a deal (May's) and talk bollocks pretending it'll sort everything. However he losses the dup then and more importantly the erg who are the ones running the party now. He's talked himself into a wall.

tldr - we're fucked.

AtariLegend wrote:

If you haven't been paying attention, surpreme court just ruled Boris's reasons for suspending parliment unlawful.

It's returning tommorow for more drama.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

It apears the government's current stance is that if opposition MPs don't want death threats they should just agree with the government....

Board footer