You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DtM51
 Rep: 6 

Re: Troubadour 04/01/16 - videos

DtM51 wrote:

Im so sick of hearing about "mickey mouse". His voice does not sound like mickey, i know there have been times where its sounded bad in the past but i think that the "mickey voice", which i think is just his head voice, sounds pretty good. AS long as its in key, which from what i've heard it is. I can't imagine a bunch of GNR fans have never sang in the car trying to sound like Axl, and if you have you would know that its both extremely hard to do, but super hard on the vocal chords as well. Singing like he did in the 80s and 90s was NOT sustainable and if every show he did he would have no voice left do these shows. I really think hes honed in the Head voice with his old style quite well and sounds better than he used to, go ahead and give me shit but i actually prefer the some head voice some rasp on paradise city than listening to Axl kill his vocal chords throughout the whole song. Rant over, show looked pretty good and sounded good. Can't wait to hear Better and Chinese Democracy with Slash.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Tight!

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Tight!

Yes, I too thought it was good and it was a clip not posted here!

lance

lance wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Tight!

Yes, I too thought it was good and it was a clip not posted here!

Yeah its a awesome clip thanks for the post man.

Lomax wrote:

Seeing Better and ChiDem on the set-list gave me a spine tingling vision of Slash playing TWAT.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I think over all, from all the clips, Axl sounds pretty good.  PC was the worst of the bunch but that was not early 2011 bad. 

Slash's tone was much closer to UYI from the small shitty clips, so not a good way to judge.

The front 3 looked killer, but when you then look at Frank and Fortus, I must admit, it didn't look right.  It just didn't.  Now, I have no choice to accept it and will still have fun, but we are so close to getting Adler and Izzy on there at this point.  We just need to see it.  Even if for 2 songs.  I think we get them in Vegas.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

I actually think that the drums were damn tight in that snippets. can't judge about Fortus, he seems to be quite in the background (or everybody was just focusing at the front 3).

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Axl was in a great mood with pretty good vocals. Slash either extremely nervous, tired (midnight start time), or a combination of both. But he played well.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

There was really no need to go on that late.  I agree.  And if you are going to do a club, fuck the keys and just play non key material, the stage was way too small... Slash plays that size stage a lot solo, but with no keys.. 2 keys takes up a lot of space.  Not needed.

Board footer