You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: New Guns N Roses member Melissa Reese

misterID wrote:

56ff816fd27a5_Cf_BCSr_XXEAAT6_XM_jpglarge_jpg_16ed4.jpg

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

I think she is a big upgrade over Pitman. She's a hot girl instead of an asshole dude and she has a great voice. I assume she is good on the keyboard stuff too.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Something else that never made sense. Fine, in a live setting Pitman had a fairly auxiliary role, but to deny there is value in having someone with many talents for the purposes of writing seems strange.

I agree.

I think the problem though is that with only one album to their name in the modern era the writing role is basically irrelevant for practical purposes.

This band doesn't have Ac/Dc's "Rock or Bust" / "Black Ice" or Motley Crue's "Saints of Los Angeles" or Aerosmith's "Music From Another Dimension". They seem to operate outside of the standard - album/tour cycle that most bands follow.

If GNR was dropping a new record every 4-5 years even - then the theoretical role of someone joining the band to compose would be the foremost thing in all our minds.

However as it stands, the "new" songs in the set are songs like Chinese Democracy and Better which we have heard live for between 10-15 years respectively.

So people are skeptical about adding people for their studio value, then it's made worse that the bulk of the setlist is AFD / UYI tracks that don't require a 2nd keyboardist at all - and some would feel are actually diluted by the addition of such.

I mean i hope things change now and they drop a record, and if so, I'm happy for melissa to be part of it. But if the plan is 2 more years of AFD shows....I just don't know if we need her or anyone.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Pitman took a huff when the Coachella reunion got announced and he joined in the celebration, then removed it with backhanded comments. Then the MyGnr Dildogate happened months later, which he deleted and apologised for... soooo, something must've happened behind the scenes before Coachellagate? Wonder what it was and if Melissa was planned to be involved then or came in later?

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

It would be interesting to know.

I wonder if maybe he wasn't too thrilled about Slash and Duff returning and thought they should be subservient as the new guys lol

He always seemed to have the strangest attitude.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Again, Pitman did not want to tour anymore. Even the last tour. He wanted to stay in the studio. There's no reason to bash the guy. He had to deal with dumbass, douchebag trolls and lashed out.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

Again, Pitman did not want to tour anymore. Even the last tour. He wanted to stay in the studio. There's no reason to bash the guy. He had to deal with dumbass, douchebag trolls and lashed out.

His comments about it being a cash grab can't have been directed at trolls?

Also i'm not bashing him, I'm just saying, he's always seemed to act as if he's old gnr and as if the band was actually going to do something wink

misterID

misterID wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

His comments about it being a cash grab can't have been directed at trolls?

Also i'm not bashing him, I'm just saying, he's always seemed to act as if he's old gnr and as if the band was actually going to do something wink

Yes, he was being sarcastic about what the comments were. That's what mygnr trolls were saying to him. He'd been in the band over 20 years and people like SG are going on tangents, bashing the guy for calling the band "guns" because he had no right to. That's the deranged state of trolls they deal with. They've been disrespected for years, they have the right to get pissed off.

The band did do something...

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:
misterID wrote:

This. And he apologized for lashing out.  And he hasn't said anything negative since, if there were ill will because he was replaced, why would he have apologized? Why isn't he on Twitter now bashing Mellissa?  And why did we see tweets from him twice during the hiatus showing he was in the studio with Axl?

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Well lets just say it did a disappointing amount relative to the talent involved.

Axl is the greatest frontman of his generation and arguably all time (or at least top few).

There were people in the band with exceptional musical ability - I jammed with Bumble once and his skills far outweigh what even most pro musicians can do on a guitar. He's frightening. No doubt Bucket was the same. Let's face it even the worst of that group have something to offer. Then add 30 years and a swimming pool full of cash....and to me one album seems tragically wasteful. I would have liked to see Axl's 3 album vision come to pass...or him to release several albums of some of his best stuff along the lines of Ozzy's solo career.

Anyway, I'm just saying pitman always seemed to come across as the most hostile and entitled out of that modern group, the anthesis of someone like Bumble or DJ who like them or love them seemed to recognise their place in the saga. However I guess if he said those things to trolls that's a bit better..

Board footer