You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: ID,Izzy looking for your boy MSL via twitta

buzzsaw wrote:

If someone wants to be left alone, I totally get it and respect it.  When someone goes out of their way to get attention whenever and however possible, that person doesn't want or need to be left alone.  He's made himself a topic.  There's no way not to discuss him unfortunately.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It's hard to know how to take MSL.

He's done some good stuff for fans, well - depending on your perspective anyway, like some some of his original leaking of rarities. Additionally he seems to be engaging to listen to and he tells a good story. I suspect in real life he is probably a good guy.

However, to me it kind of "jumped the shark" a little when he got his hands on all that data later and started actively threatening and blackmailing the band. I mean, hell, we all want an end to the hoarding of leaks from traders and shit, but it's another matter entirely to demand GNR start following your own plan for the band.

It's also hard to take anything he says too seriously, as he's self-admitted to lying about GNR when it suits him (such as his original trick the hoarders campaign) and he seems to have developed an almost pathological need for attention and drama.

Further, and this isn't MSL's fauly entirely, but I'm just sick of Scooby-Do. His posts are always full of games and vague hints and innuendo, but he never just comes out directly says what he claims he knows. To him and his kind it's kinda a case of man up and share the info regardless of the legal ramifications or simply shut the fuck up about it. One or the other please.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

MSL is a loser.  It's all about him. He gets things half right all the time. Meh.

A bloated mess of a man at best.

Smoking Guns wrote:

Is MSL the source of the Antiquiet leaks or what's that skrewl?

Read:

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/interviews.php#skwerl

lance

lance wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

It's hard to know how to take MSL.

He's done some good stuff for fans, well - depending on your perspective anyway, like some some of his original leaking of rarities. Additionally he seems to be engaging to listen to and he tells a good story. I suspect in real life he is probably a good guy.

However, to me it kind of "jumped the shark" a little when he got his hands on all that data later and started actively threatening and blackmailing the band. I mean, hell, we all want an end to the hoarding of leaks from traders and shit, but it's another matter entirely to demand GNR start following your own plan for the band.

It's also hard to take anything he says too seriously, as he's self-admitted to lying about GNR when it suits him (such as his original trick the hoarders campaign) and he seems to have developed an almost pathological need for attention and drama.

Further, and this isn't MSL's fauly entirely, but I'm just sick of Scooby-Do. His posts are always full of games and vague hints and innuendo, but he never just comes out directly says what he claims he knows. To him and his kind it's kinda a case of man up and share the info regardless of the legal ramifications or simply shut the fuck up about it. One or the other please.

Agree on alot of your points. I can tell you from personal experience if you call him out on his game of being vague and not being direct.
He will insult you then ban you from his site if you respond.
Plus the way he lets JIM aka warchild aka maribeth act over there is crazy.

Also when the leaks were going around in 05 he was nowhere to seen .

AtariLegend wrote:

I really think it's detrimental to this forum to be having discussions about these people. I don't care if he leaked Shacker's Revenge/Street of Dreams/Chinese Democracy himself or whatever a decade ago. He's also passed off fan made demos i.e "There Was A Time" from years ago as legit to the community, that people just jumped all over. The fact is half the claims he comes out with are a "work". There may something to some of the claims he's made, but the reality is people just wanted to believe whatever claims he makes anyway.

I can't believe either that in 2016, Warchild's insider personas on msl's site or MYGNR keep getting brought up here.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

^ I sure hear that Atari but I also entirely blame the band for that.

Bottom line is we're going around looking for info because GNR won't make a proper statement about who is doing what for this reunion.

So MSL used the time to make some implications and now it seems Izzy might be going to call him on it.

But the 'power' of all these insider type clowns would be nil if only the actual band wouldn't be so secretive with us.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

^ I agree to a point Monkey but some stuff just isn't any of our business and we don't have a right to know it just because we're fans. I agree there could have been more updates from the band, definitely in the CD era and perhaps even now, although things seem to have majorly improved on that score. However contract details and who's been offered what, to play when, is a private matter between individuals. If it leaks out it's inevitably going to be discussed but the band aren't going to put out a press release detailing Izzys contract offers, nor should they.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

^ Yeah I agree about contract details. But say if the band gave an interview explaining:

1. What the current line up is.
2. Why the people not included in the reunion are not included
3. What the band plans for the future.
4. Why has the reunion happened. Why now?

If that kinda stuff was on record I don't think anyone but a handful of really snooping people would care about much else.

Look at this situation - the reason people want to know is we want to know if Izzy will cameo, and if not, why not.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

@Monkey - do you know for a fact that M made demands of the band? Or is that an assumption you've made, like the assumption you're making about Izzy being ready to sue M? 

Also, you criticized M for both not giving out enough info, and giving away to much info - what's the deal, do you have a legit beef or are you arguing just to argue?

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
RaZor wrote:

Also, you criticized M for both not giving out enough info, and giving away to much info - what's the deal, do you have a legit beef or are you arguing just to argue?

No he hasn't... he's arguing GNR isn't giving out enough info, so MSL and other 'insiders' can make a business off of spreading rumors an being all cagey about the stuff they supposedly know. Nothing more despicable than teasing you know something and hinting at stuff without going full hog. Either you're going to say something, or you shut the fuck up. Especially if it has been proven in the past that you are often enough just plain wrong.

Board footer