You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Slash McKagan
 Rep: 11 

Re: ID,Izzy looking for your boy MSL via twitta

This is a "report" posted on Blabbermouth....

Report: GUNS N' ROSES Reunion Almost Fell Apart

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/report … 9According to The Pulse Of Radio, a GUNS N' ROSES source "MSL" has said that the reunion of classic-era members Axl Rose, Slash and Duff McKagan almost didn't happen at all. Writing at the GNRTruth blog, "MSL" said, "In terms of any crazy last-minute demands, maybe that story will come out someday. I don't think people realize just how close this whole 'reunion' thing was to completely falling apart and not happening at all."

"MSL" also revealed that the band had been negotiating with former guitarist Izzy Stradlin to have him participate in the reunion, but that they couldn't come to terms. He explained: "'Requesting more' might give off the impression that there was a deal and that he reneged. I don't believe that is the case at all… If somebody tried to change the deal at the last minute, it sure as shit wasn't Izzy. Thought he handled things professionally by bowing out and letting the fans know."

"MSL" also said that other factors, such as Slash's divorce from his wife Perla — he reportedly did not want her to get a share of his income from a reunion — and negotiations over the band members' cuts from sales of a future live DVD, played a role in luring Slash back to the group.

He revealed: "The position was open. Perla was gone. The hatchet had already been buried enough to agree on the DVD issue. There was nothing standing in the way anymore." Nonetheless, "MSL" added, "Everything came down to the wire… We'll see how long it lasts."

"MSL" previously broke the news that GUNS N' ROSES was going to perform at this month's Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival and that Axl Rose had met with AC/DC to act as a guest vocalist for that band, both stories that were later proven to be true.

Keyboardist Dizzy Reed, a 22-year veteran of the group who is participating in the reunion, told The Pulse Of Radio a while back that unpredictability has always been part of the band. "The volatility is definitely still there, especially for me, because I've seen a lot," he said. "It keeps you on your toes for sure. I just show up every night as prepared as possible to do my job, and anything else that happens is out of my control. There's really no way to truly deal with that."

GUNS N' ROSES will play a couple of shows in Las Vegas this weekend before doing two stints at Coachella and two Mexico City gigs. A North American stadium tour will follow this summer.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/report … W2OIQrE.99

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:
TheMole wrote:
RaZor wrote:

Also, you criticized M for both not giving out enough info, and giving away to much info - what's the deal, do you have a legit beef or are you arguing just to argue?

No he hasn't... he's arguing GNR isn't giving out enough info, so MSL and other 'insiders' can make a business off of spreading rumors an being all cagey about the stuff they supposedly know. Nothing more despicable than teasing you know something and hinting at stuff without going full hog. Either you're going to say something, or you shut the fuck up. Especially if it has been proven in the past that you are often enough just plain wrong.

My bad - went back and reread, misunderstanding on my part.  Sorry Monkey.

I singled Monkey out on this thread, not to attack him, but because his criticism is actually fair - but I question some of the assumptions he's basing his argument on, and I reject his conclusion.

I don't find M to have been harmful to the band, I've enjoyed what he's had to say, and he has just as much of a right to say what he pleases on he internet as we all do.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

So now msl is considered news? OK then

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
RaZor wrote:

I don't find M to have been harmful to the band, I've enjoyed what he's had to say, and he has just as much of a right to say what he pleases on he internet as we all do.

Sure he does.  And we have the right to call him out on his bullshit too.  He's made himself a topic, and done so on purpose.  That makes him fair game whether he chooses to spend time somewhere or not.  He's full of half truths at best, which is ironic given the name of his site. 

There's an easy solution if he doesn't want to be discussed.  But he does want to be discussed.  That makes him an attention whore.  There's not necessarily anything wrong with that.  It's usually over compensation for something, but he's far from the only one.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

@buzz I don't think there's anything wrong with discussing a public figure.  I'm not a fan of insults and name calling though.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Yeah, I also think Axl's been showing his fanbase a poor example of public behaviour with all the f-bombs and attacks on other people's character.

MSL wrote:

"In terms of any crazy last-minute demands, maybe that story will come out someday. I don't think people realize just how close this whole 'reunion' thing was to completely falling apart and not happening at all."

The gist of it. It nearly fell apart. Maybe one day we'll get the skinny.

That vague insinuation really helps things out with the band, MSL. Way to go.

roll

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
RaZor wrote:

@buzz I don't think there's anything wrong with discussing a public figure.  I'm not a fan of insults and name calling though.

I'm not calling him a fucker or anything.  Loser wasn't so nice, but he is an attention whore.  I don't know how else to call it but what it is.  If you have a nicer word for attention whore, I'd be happy to attach it to him.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

Yeah, I also think Axl's been showing his fanbase a poor example of public behaviour with all the f-bombs and attacks on other people's character.

MSL wrote:

"In terms of any crazy last-minute demands, maybe that story will come out someday. I don't think people realize just how close this whole 'reunion' thing was to completely falling apart and not happening at all."

The gist of it. It nearly fell apart. Maybe one day we'll get the skinny.

That vague insinuation really helps things out with the band, MSL. Way to go.

roll

He's not interested in helping out the band though.  Nothing he's done has been to help out the band.  Ever.  A little of it may have been to help out the fans, but that gets overshadowed by the lies he's been telling the fans too.  He's in it for him.  That's it.  That's his only stake in this entire game.  He wants to be the hero to the masses, but he's more like the Kardashians than anything else.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

It's not like he emailed Blabbermouth with this.

People just copy and paste sometimes weeks worth of posts and make a news article out of it.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Buzz, I was mostly responding to RaZor's take here.

RaZor wrote:

Wonder if Beta still has his number?

MSL, 2008 wrote:

The main thing is, I've dealt with Beta a lot cos she kept calling me a lot, and ranting, and I wouldn't say anything, cos as long as she kept talking and revealing inside info, why would I try to shut her up? ... It was probably 3 of 4 phone calls, the average length of each call would maybe be 2,5 hours, of which maybe i'd get in three words per conversation, of her ranting about so many various topics that there would be so much stuff to cover, ya know.  And a lot of times gone by...

There were one or two conversations where I would hear a male voice in the background, whispering things for her that they wanted to ask me... I was just fascinated how hung up they still were on Slash. Every other word out of her mouth was blaming things on Slash, "Slash is an asshole", "if the fans only knew what Slash is like", "his public persona is all fake", secretly he's trying to get back in the band, you can't believe anything Slash says, he's a piece of shit. So much of what she was talking about was about Slash, and it had nothing to do with the fact I was leaking songs...

I don't think there's anyway the band are purposely leaking stuff to try to restore faith with the fan base, cos from my conversation with beta, it's very clear they consider the hard core fan's the enemy. The disdain in Beta's voice in our phone calls last year, when she would talk about the fans, and "axl doesn't owe you anything, leave him alone, this is his life's work, if it comes out it comes out if it doesn't, it doesn't, you guys need to leave him alone, you're driving him crazy..."

...When people say to me "how could you do this to the band..." It's not that i'm doing it to the band! The band has created a situation where it's us versus them, it's the band versus the fans, and the fans need to stick together, and I don't think it's right for some fans to be, like, 'elite fans' that are better than others, that get to hear these songs and the regular fans don't get to. I think that's bullshit!  So, I don't think I'm better than anybody else, if i get a song, i'm gonna try to trade for more songs, and when i've exhausted all those possibilites, it's time for everybody to have those songs, period.

-src

Board footer