You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: GNR - VEGAS, T-Mobile Arena Show, 4/8

Smoking Guns wrote:

If you were not there I don't know if you could tell the tone and and power for which Slash played. His tone alone blew away everything we heard from 1999 to this reunion.

Fortus played well but around Kohd mark he came way up in the mix and Slash went down a good bit and never got back up to the volume Fortus was at.

Slash was just the man tonight. 

Loved the background Vox by Melissa and Duff.

Axl had some Micky but over all was fantastic.

Frank was adequate but you cannot play airs drums to him. He fucks up a lot of fills.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Mama's Good Boy wrote:

Starting at 37 minutes, TWAT was soundchecked.   

I have a feeling that solos were done by Richard here..   because Slash isn't really staying true to the original solos in the other CD songs.     And it sounds more like Richard's tone

I admit, I have a huge attachement to some of those solos..  TIL just wasn't working for me.     And as much as I love Robin and Bucket's solos in Better, I am digging this new version too.

Yeah, I think it's Richard playing the TWAT outro, at least. I hope they break it out on tour, it's nice when Fortus gets some solo time.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

https://youtu.be/7d81lUjKE68

this is just ace

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
DCK wrote:

Slash's part was phenomenal.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

It is surreal to hear Slash play the Chinese material. I really hope Axl plays fair and does a few VR/Snakepit/Slash solo songs to return the favor. Slash's solo record had a couple of good tracks; I still dig the Wolfmother and Adam Levine selections. 'Lovin' the Alien' and 'You Got No Right' would be amazing with Axl's voice.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

It is not really a favor. They are GNR songs they're playing after all.

VR, Snakepit and solo materials are... Well, VR, Snakepit and solo materials smile

I want to hear GNR songs. I'd rather have Breakdown added to the set or a deep cut (wet dream: a new song) added than another cover.

AtariLegend wrote:

I've still to see a reason why Slash would want to play tracks with Guns that he has no interest in playing with his own band.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

otto wrote:

VR, Snakepit and solo materials are... Well, VR, Snakepit and solo materials smile

At this point, I don't see the distinction.  Other than a label slapped on the groupings, I take the material of this triumvirate as a whole and hope it is all not only fair game but embraced as wide catalog.

Axl's vox on VR/Snakepit songs are 'new G&R' songs to me.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

killingvector wrote:
otto wrote:

At this point, I don't see the distinction.  Other than a label slapped on the groupings, I take the material of this triumvirate as a whole and hope it is all not only fair game but embraced as wide catalog.

Axl's vox on VR/Snakepit songs are 'new G&R' songs to me.

I agree with Otto, the CD songs are part of the Guns N' Roses catalogue, although some would rather they not be.   

That said, I have no problem if they want to perform a Slash/Duff or VR song.     I doubt they do.. but no problems with it here.     Most of the VR songs, I couldn't see working for Axl.. it would be like Axl trying to cover an STP song.. but who knows.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

AtariLegend wrote:

I've still to see a reason why Slash would want to play tracks with Guns that he has no interest in playing with his own band.

Honestly?   Probably money.    These guys are making a boatload of cash and so this is part of Slash extending an olive branch to Axl in order to do this tour and at the same time help give some legitamacy to that era of GnR, as well as adding his own stamp to it.   

I think it would be great if they re-released Better and Chinese.      They don't need to go overboard and redo that whole album.    But those two songs could be included in a greatest hits package.

Board footer