You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: GNR - VEGAS, T-Mobile Arena Show, 4/8

AtariLegend wrote:
Mama's Good Boy wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I've still to see a reason why Slash would want to play tracks with Guns that he has no interest in playing with his own band.

Honestly?   Probably money.    These guys are making a boatload of cash and so this is part of Slash extending an olive branch to Axl in order to do this tour and at the same time help give some legitamacy to that era of GnR, as well as adding his own stamp to it.   

I think it would be great if they re-released Better and Chinese.      They don't need to go overboard and redo that whole album.    But those two songs could be included in a greatest hits package.

I'm referring to VR tracks.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

AtariLegend wrote:
Mama's Good Boy wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I've still to see a reason why Slash would want to play tracks with Guns that he has no interest in playing with his own band.

Honestly?   Probably money.    These guys are making a boatload of cash and so this is part of Slash extending an olive branch to Axl in order to do this tour and at the same time help give some legitamacy to that era of GnR, as well as adding his own stamp to it.   

I think it would be great if they re-released Better and Chinese.      They don't need to go overboard and redo that whole album.    But those two songs could be included in a greatest hits package.

He doesn't at least play Slither?

AtariLegend wrote:
Mama's Good Boy wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
Mama's Good Boy wrote:

He doesn't at least play Slither?

Yes, but that's the only thing. On his last tour the last show was the only one where they played anything other than that.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

I don't see them playing any VR tunes, and I hope they don't.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

Interesting choice to play Layla before November Rain -

"I often wonder where the people who inspired so many songs are now and why it's only important with some songs such as Layla as opposed to others. I'm guessing a fair number of beautiful love songs were inspired by someone that the artists consider now to be the opposite of how they were depicted." – Axl Rose

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I filmed this last night. Fortus and Slash Wish you were here.

https://www.facebook.com/marcdemeis/vid … 103817237/

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Smoking Guns wrote:

So awesome.   we were sitting in roughly the same area it seems.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Mama's Good Boy wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

So awesome.   we were sitting in roughly the same area it seems.

Section 11 row e seats 1-3 for me.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I really like Slash's TIL solo. CD sounds more like Nirvana meets AC/DC. Better was cool, the new intro seems to be Slash making it his own, and I kind of think if that Best Of happens, it will have rerecorded versions of these songs.

And everyone busts a nut over this show and SG comes back to bash Frank. 16

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Cfn2T-aVIAAXxKK.jpg

Board footer