You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: MATT SORUM 'Wasn't Asked' To Take Part In GUNS N' ROSES Reunion

Smoking Guns wrote:

Real story is he raped her anal style but she realized she liked it, so she forgives him now. (JUST KIDDING SO DONT START CALLING ME NAMES). Slash got a pic with Erin a couple years ago. Yes, it is Meegan and Erin that some how broke the code and got this moving in the right direction I think.

AtariLegend wrote:

This is why I can count with 2 fingers the number of female posters we have left tongue.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Haha

tejastech08 wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Seems Axl is still with Sasha, but if he wasn't I think there'd be some serious speculation that Erin/Meegan had something to do with Axl/Slash mending fences.

*Just saying* Don't think we've really talked about it here although I can see why people wouldn't want too.

Getting rid of Perla was the key.

THIS.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Pearla was a factor but old flames helped spark new friendship with Slash Axl. Not saying it is the reason but it helped

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

CSS 2.0 wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

This is why I can count with 2 fingers the number of female posters we have left tongue.

There's two?!

Seriously, though - I find it kinda strange that Erin is somehow back (or wants back) in Axl's life considering she and Stephanie Seymour sued him for assault.

I'm all for "forgive & forget" and all that but that's fucked up.

AtariLegend wrote:
CSS 2.0 wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

There's two?!

Seriously, though - I find it kinda strange that Erin is somehow back (or wants back) in Axl's life considering she and Stephanie Seymour sued him for assault.

That's fucked up.

Stephanie was a counter-sue right, after Erin was brought into the case? He was the one who sued her for mental and emotional abuse and over jewelry, she counter sues thanks to Erin and they end up settling?

He accused Stephanie of being unfaithful ect (they broke up in Feb 93). She denies it, gives birth in Dec 93 to a son from an affair with Peter Grant a billionaire who already had 5 kids and was married.

*This is all speculation*

CSS 2.0

CSS 2.0 wrote:

All I know is that the trial was during the time of the Oklahoma City bombing in April, 1995 and that it was eventually settled out of court.

AtariLegend wrote:
CSS 2.0 wrote:

All I know is that the trial was during the time of the Oklahoma City bombing in April, 1995 and that it was eventually settled out of court.

That spawned the track that went on to become "Berlin", that we'll probably never hear.

CSS 2.0

CSS 2.0 wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

That spawned the track that went on to become "Berlin", that we'll probably never hear.

Man, what a fucked up band.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

I said we call out other members for their douchery.

I know you said we do, but I was just illustrating that actually most on here don't very often. Or at least not to the same extent.

I never said Matt was a saint, I'm sure he has his dick moments sometimes, like the rest of us, but I dispute the suggestion that he's dramatically worse than anyone else. It seems to me many in the band have their problematic histories but he overlook it because the band is better with them in.

polluxlm wrote:

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but it is possible Slash is the one who don't want Matt in a reunion.

It's possible. Although they do play together in Kings of Chaos sometimes, but then I've always been suspicious about how they never got VR up and running again that maybe they've all had a bit much of each other.

A related suspicious theory is that Myles had previously been suggested by Matt for VR but he wasn't free at the time. Then Slash bails on VR to go do his all star album and talks Myles into a couple of songs. However after that tour they could have brought Myles back to VR rather than launch conspirators and write "apocalyptic love", yet they didn't. So the decision to stay out of VR always interested me....Slash said a few times he needed to captain his own ship or something which I always wondered if it was a polite way of saying he was sick of having to share decisions with Matt and Duff.

polluxlm wrote:

When the lead singer and the lead guitarist have a beef with you, there's a good chance you're not getting called up.

Does Axl have a beef though? I thought they settled it somewhere in 2006 by sharing a limo ride home or something.

AtariLegend wrote:

Well not to want to get into this again, but Erin herself got arrested a few years ago for domestic violence and a restraining order put on her by her husband/child.

polluxlm wrote:

A woman going to her rapist's shows and enjoying it? Not buying it. I think she withdrew the charges because they were BS. He hit her in the heat of the moment and that's it, imo.

I don't think either of those things necessarily mean it didn't happen. Many victims of abuse later mirror the behaviour on others. Both Stephanie and Erin said Axl abused them - would seem odd that they both were secretly the ones doing the violence. But if we wan't to talk about anecdotal evidence - everything suggests Axl has an occasional rage problem. I'd be more likely to believe they were lying if we hadn't seen Axl go off at photographers, on stage and whatever else. Lets face it - it might be sad - but it's also not exactly hard to believe.

Likewise Erin going to a show 20 something years later doesn't mean anything - perhaps it was facing her fear or empowerment - or maybe she still loves him anyway - many victims of abuse stay with guys who regularly beat the hell out of them and it's hard for their families to watch.

Mind you we also don't know it happened for sure. But my point is these types of skeletons exist for other members of the band but are overlooked for the great musical good, but for Sorum there's anecdotal evidence that he's sometimes a little over confident and blunt yet he's demonised on here.

Board footer