You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: Guns N' Roses: Coachella, April 16

apex-twin wrote:
The Daily Beast wrote:

The Coachella audience was left with what seemed like a story time session, featuring a largely unrecognizable rock star sweating profusely in his chair, as if enduring a particularly painful deposition, while driving any shred of his badass legacy he had left further into the ground.

This could be described as much of the same, only in perpetual motion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asYL4Ab-ljw

Buckethead mentioned in the initial sentence 22

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

lol

misterID wrote:

Well, that's not surprising, it sounds like you.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I am hearing NON FUCKING STOP about tempo and have been since the Troubadour gig. It was at its worse last night. What the fuck is going on??!! There are only 2 possibilities, Slash or Frank. We know Slash has played these tunes flawlessly since 2010 with the conspirators. We know Frank has played these songs since 2006 or so. Is this a chemistry thing? Some of the tunes sound REALLY rushed. But night 2 in Vegas was better than night 1 but last night was worse than last night.

I mentioned this after troub, but seems like the fellas are NOT on the same page yet.

Anyone else notice this?! I mean casuals are pointing this out, can't be blind about it anymore.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I am hearing NON FUCKING STOP about tempo and have been since the Troubadour gig. It was at its worse last night. What the fuck is going on??!! There are only 2 possibilities, Slash or Frank. We know Slash has played these tunes flawlessly since 2010 with the conspirators. We know Frank has played these songs since 2006 or so. Is this a chemistry thing? Some of the tunes sound REALLY rushed.

That's interesting you say that. The Missus said the same thing. I didn't notice it as much right away..

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Franks been all over the place in the vids I've seen, I think he's trying too hard to be flash and failing, cause he's generally been pretty steady n' unassuming over the years gone by.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Just listened to PC and Fortus seems to be playing too fast and way too loud in the mix. So loud at times Slash barely cuts through.

This pisses me off. Fucking A the conspirators play these songs perfect. If Axl joined the conspirators and Myles left the band would be better than current GNR. There is no chemistry right now. Frank and the tempo have been all over the map. SCOM too has been erratic. Is this a lack of click track issue?? Remember Slash is old school he don't do that click track ear monitor shit. I think Frank is still in the 2009-2014 mode and Slash is back in 1993. Am I the only one hearing this??!

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Franks been all over the place in the vids I've seen, I think he's trying too hard to be flash and failing, cause he's generally been pretty steady n' unassuming over the years gone by.

Yes. And and it is fucking with Slash and he is rushing and losing his place too!

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I posted to a non GNR forum and one poster said, "everyone sounds great but the drummer is shit, his timing is way off. Need Sorum". That was from a non die hard casual fan that didn't know Frank's name. I am seeing comments like this all over. I warned you guys of this after the troub. It is noticeable now. I thought night 2 of Vegas was Frank's best night so far. Last night was his worst.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
johndivney wrote:

For there's not a team like the Glasgow Rangers,  no not one, and there never shall be one, the Celtic know all about their troubles, and we will fight till the day is done.
For there's not a team like the Glasgow Rangers, No not one, and there never shall be one!

I concur John, well said 21

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I posted to a non GNR forum and one poster said, "everyone sounds great but the drummer is shit, his timing is way off. Need Sorum". That was from a non die hard casual fan that didn't know Frank's name. I am seeing comments like this all over. I warned you guys of this after the troub. It is noticeable now. I thought night 2 of Vegas was Frank's best night so far. Last night was his worst.

I guess you guys are just gonna have to deal with it.

Board footer