You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Guns N' Roses: Coachella, April 16

monkeychow wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

We could go on about this for the rest of the day, but.

yeah I doubt they'll really play it...

Sorry I guess it was a bit of a troll post...just a part of me finds it sort of comical that Melissa is replacing Pitman, whose  big contribution was a song with such notorious anti-woman lyrics....I'm not really against it but it struck me as a humorous angle to this saga.

Sort of like how Axl wanted to change GNR so it wasn't only repetitious guitar rock....eventually driving Slash and Duff out of the Band...then here we are with Axl appointed as the new singer of Ac/Dc probably the band with the most unchanging consistent guitar rock sound of all time.

Somewhere along the line i've stopped taking a lot of this seriously and it's all just funny to me. You couldn't make this stuff up 5

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I would say Pitman's big contribution was If The World and Madagascar.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Why are these stupid fucking hipsters recording the show... DO THEY NOT KNOW THIS IS PRO SHOT AND LIVE STREAMED?????  THEY CAN SIMPLY GO HOME AND WATCH IN PRISTINE QUALITY...

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

Because they are the most important thing in the world...they need their show experience on their phone...

I hope I die young because they'll probably be filming themselves taking care of me in the old folks home...

AtariLegend wrote:

I just realized they're playing today. According to the stream schedule they're only streaming from 00:40-1:00.

So is the full set not being streamed?

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Pitman, whose  big contribution was a song with such notorious anti-woman lyrics....

We know Pitman and Dizzy are the 'writers' of the song, but I always put the lyrics down on Axl.

They're just bad, and by that I mean, Axl's talented and edgy enough as a lyricist to channel his venom more effectively than that. One in a Million ended with the 'I'm just a small town white boy' verse, which rounds up the narrator (real-life Axl?) nicely. He admits to being a hick.

monkeychow wrote:

Sort of like how Axl wanted to change GNR so it wasn't only repetitious guitar rock....eventually driving Slash and Duff out of the Band...then here we are with Axl appointed as the new singer of Ac/Dc probably the band with the most unchanging consistent guitar rock sound of all time.

Reminds me of that one Axl interview, describing Bowie in 1990.

I remember lookin’ over at Slash and going:

"Man, we’re in fucking deep trouble."
"Why?"
"Because I got a lot in common with this guy. I mean, I’m pretty sick but this guy’s just fuckin’ ill!"

And Bowie’s sitting there laughing and talking about

"One side of me is experimental and the other side of me wants to make something that people can get into, and I DON’T KNOW FUCKING WHY! WHY AM I LIKE THIS?"

And I’m sitting there thinking, I’ve got 20 more years of... that to look forward to? I’m already like that... 20 more years? What am I gonna do?” (laughs)

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I just realized they're playing today. According to the stream schedule they're only streaming from 00:40-1:00.

It doesn't appear so. Just 15 minutes

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

okay where the fuck is guns and who are these douchebags?  I thought they went on after ice cube.

AtariLegend wrote:
faldor wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

It doesn't appear so. Just 15 minutes

Well if Guns show up early, we might get "The Seeker" tongue.

Odds on them getting cut off before Paradise City tonight?

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Looks like we got fucked on the live stream. Oh well.

Board footer