You are not logged in. Please register or login.

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

Re: Axl Rose joins AC/DC

CSS 2.0 wrote:

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Sounds fine to me.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It's not bad in itself - it's more the early shows were better. Hope when they proshoot he brings his A-game!

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Thunderstuck is too screamed at the pre-chorus... He's off pitch constantly and reeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaally stretching...
You can almost feel the vocal chords breaking... Must be painful!

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

Especially in Hells Bells, he's struggling to bring the rasp in a controlled way. His voice tends to 'overshoot' the higher notes at the end of lines that need to be delivered with power, making him sound pitchy as hell and uncontrolled at times (and honestly, for all the problems he's had with his voice in the past, to my recollection Axl was very rarely off pitch in GNR)

It's by no means really bad as such, but the way it's been declining is what worries me. I just hope the 5 shows he still has to do don't show a further decline and he gets to have some rest afterwards. It's also worrying to read that Axl apparently doesn't seem to be able to measure himself, if it's true that he keeps asking AC/DC to add more shows.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

TheMole wrote:

It's also worrying to read that Axl apparently doesn't seem to be able to measure himself, if it's true that he keeps asking AC/DC to add more shows.

The only people worrying are forum fans who overanalyse every little thing. He sounds fine. Better than he has for years. He's having a great time, he's in the public eye and for the first time in a decade and a half the press and the wider public see him as the hero, not the heel. Why wouldn't he want to do more shows?

TheMole

TheMole wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

He's having a great time, he's in the public eye and for the first time in a decade and a half the press and the wider public see him as the hero, not the heel. Why wouldn't he want to do more shows?

Exactly because of those things you mentioned. Public opinion is a fickle thing, if he's not careful he'll give the naysayers the ammunition they need to shoot him down. If he really likes doing it so much, he should learn how to pace himself so that he can keep doing it.

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

CSS 2.0 wrote:

You have to consider that he is singing in E rather than Eb while with AC/DC. Once he gets back to GN'R his voice will ironically get some much needed "rest".

TheMole

TheMole wrote:
CSS 2.0 wrote:

You have to consider that he is singing in E rather than Eb while with AC/DC. Once he gets back to GN'R his voice will ironically get some much needed "rest".

Good point, that should make a difference.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

There were cracks showing after 4 or 5 shows. I'd be all for more AC/DC if it didn't affect his voice, but now it's time to focus on GN'R. He can't do another 10 years of this if he's trying to belt songs like he's 20 every other night.

Board footer