You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: Axl Rose joins AC/DC

slcpunk wrote:

Jim Breuer does a mighty fine job if you ask me:

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Cramer wrote:

Jim Breuer does a mighty fine job if you ask me:

Yes. Should be the singer IYAM.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

I feel terrible for Brian Johnson, but if AC DC fans are up in arms because their new frontman is Axl then they really need to get a grip on reality. They could have Myles Fucking Kennedy or Eric Dover or that receding hairline guy from Coldplay.  Or they could have seen the end come. 

From the G&R perspective, I feel as though I am getting 26 new Axl songs when this tour kicks off.  Very exciting.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
killingvector wrote:

I feel terrible for Brian Johnson, but if AC DC fans are up in arms because their new frontman is Axl then they really need to get a grip on reality. They could have Myles Fucking Kennedy or Eric Dover or that receding hairline guy from Coldplay.  Or they could have seen the end come. 

From the G&R perspective, I feel as though I am getting 26 new Axl songs when this tour kicks off.  Very exciting.

I dunno, depends on which Axl shows up. If it's raspy Axl as we heard in Rosie/Raff last night, could be a good situation. But if it's Mickey Mouse Axl, then you have a situation similar to Myles Kennedy butchering Mr. Brownstone and so many other GN'R songs.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

Axl sounded a lot better on Rosie last night than Brian did at the iconic River Plate gig in 2009 (and this was before he really fell off a cliff with his hearing and singing issues):

If nothing else, maybe AC/DC will revisit a lot of the deep cuts from the Bon Scott era. If I was a diehard AC/DC fan, I would embrace the potential of this. They just might get to hear a bunch of shit they never thought they'd hear Angus play ever again.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:

I liked Axl saying that was fun after Riff Raff. I think Axl will have a blast singing for AC/DC. It was great watching Angus join GNR on stage and it will equally awesome to see Axl join AC/DC on stage.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Axl sounded a lot better on Rosie last night than Brian did at the iconic River Plate gig in 2009 (and this was before he really fell off a cliff with his hearing and singing issues):

If nothing else, maybe AC/DC will revisit a lot of the deep cuts from the Bon Scott era. If I was a diehard AC/DC fan, I would embrace the potential of this. They just might get to hear a bunch of shit they never thought they'd hear Angus play ever again.

Nah, I would take Brian.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Nah, I would take Brian.

On those two videos? You're fucking nuts. Brian can barely even get the words out.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Nah, I would take Brian.

On those two videos? You're fucking nuts. Brian can barely even get the words out.

Why didn't you just post a video from right before he was fired??

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

He sounds even worse there. Geez. I don't like the way they dumped him, but maybe they're doing him a favor long term. Protect his hearing and prevent his vocals from continuing to get worse with age and hearing problems.

Board footer