You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: For the tour - Rules SG would have in place

Smoking Guns wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Obviously Smoking didn't watch the Paradise City video or is dodging the question. Slash is speeding up the track, before the drums even kick in.

IT IS THE DRUMMERS JOB TO MAINTAIN TIME!!!  Even back at the 1988 ritz show Slash came in hot on SCOM and when Adler came in, Adler played it at the proper time and Slash settled in a groove with him. Just like the video I posted where Slash is fucked up struggling with Jungle and he looks and Matt and they figure it out.

AtariLegend wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

IT IS THE DRUMMERS JOB TO MAINTAIN TIME!!!

Then why have you been going on for the past few weeks about Frank speeding up the tempo? You're changing your complaint.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

IT IS THE DRUMMERS JOB TO MAINTAIN TIME!!!

Then why have you been going on for the past few weeks about Frank speeding up the tempo? You're changing your complaint.

If it is too fast he is to slow it down. If it is too slow he is to speed it up. He is supposed to set the groove.

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

CSS 2.0 wrote:

Look...

Axl, Slash and Duff have not played together for over 20 years time.

Taking that into consideration by also adding in three others which have NEVER played together and it will take some time to get the right chemistry going.

What I am trying to state here is that, to put emphasis on the fact that there is bound to be some jittering involved, making mistakes can and will happen.

Nerves. Maybe that is all there is to it.

AtariLegend wrote:
CSS 2.0 wrote:

Look...

Taking that into consideration by also adding in three others which have NEVER played together and it will take some time to get the right chemistry going.

What I am trying to state here is that, to put emphasis on the fact that there is bound to be some jittering involved, making mistakes can and will happen.

Duff played as many dates as Tommy a few years back, he was practically already in the band playing Chinese Democracy material live. The only difference to this line-up is Slash unless he wants to suggest that Melissa is changing the way the material is played.

...And to be clear I'm not suggesting Slash is making mistakes, I'm saying there's no evidence whatsoever that Frank is causing Slash to play at a different tempo from the previously posted videos.

Smoking's issue with Frank, stems from the fact that he told some story last year to get attention about being told at a carwash that the Appetite-Line Up would be going on a world tour in 2016, when the rumors where floating around the press.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
CSS 2.0 wrote:

Look...

Duff played as many dates as Tommy a few years back, he was practically already in the band playing Chinese Democracy material live. The only difference to this line-up is Slash unless he want to suggest that Melissa is changing the way the material is played.

...And to be clear I'm not suggesting Slash is making mistakes, I'm saying there's no evidence whatsoever that Frank is causing Slash to play at a different tempo from the previously posted videos.

Smoking's issue with Frank, stems from the fact that he told some story last year to get attention about being told at a carwash that the Appetite-Line Up would be going on a world tour in 2016, when the rumors where floating around the press.

Well that is a bullshit lie and at the time you said Slash wasn't coming back and that he was releasing a new album. Also Adler was to have a role but is now hurt. Doesn't mean that wasn't the plan. And Izzy was to be involved but it came to money. And I said Pitman would get the boot while you and ID were calling bullshit and I was right again. The shows in Vegas were killer. But frankly Coachella was very Meh and there is blame to go around to all of them. But in this fucking thread I posted the video from 2012 RNRHOF OF PC and musically it is so badass!  Far superior to the live version we got so far. The only diff in that video musically is Frank and Richard. We know it is not Richard so it really can only be chemistry with Frank. THERE IS NO OTHER ANSWER!  You can bury your head on this just like you did Pitman and Slash coming back but that is up to you.  I can lead your ass to water but I can't make you drink.

AtariLegend wrote:

I doubted that Slash would return, did I make any blanket statement pretending to have insider information (like certain people)? Nope.

Did I make some blanket statement that Pitman was still in the band after the facebook debacle? Nope, how would I know anyway?

http://www.gnrevolution.com/search.php Why don't you post the "statements" I made?

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I doubted that Slash would return, did I make any blanket statement pretending to have insider information (like certain people)? Nope.

Did I make some blanket statement that Pitman was still in the band after the facebook debacle? Nope, how would I know anyway?

http://www.gnrevolution.com/search.php Why don't you post the "statements" I made?

Way to lay it out there, Atari... make no definitive comment ever so you can never be wrong...

As far as Bunton I shared what was told to me. Just like ID shares what MSL shares with him. I see no difference.

Bunton said GNR was going to do a nation wide tour and it would be huge. THEY ARE. He did say Adler and Izzy would be involved. That was in September. Clearly that didn't happen. But at that time Slash and Duff were probably trying to get it done and IT STILL MAY HAPPEN. Why bother sharing any info when arrogant fucks like you will just throw it in your face if it doesn't happen 100%. I think Bunton was sharing what he felt to be true at that time. Up to that point our sources ranged from MSL to promoters in Europe and South America. Ron and DJ knew Slash was coming back for 2 years. That is also why everyone was so damn quiet. This has been in the works for a while. You could have just ignored this thread if you hate my posts so much.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
misterID wrote:

Just watched this again and I think its killer. Slash is sloppy in the intro, he starts in fast, but it works. I seriously have no complaints. It didn't ruin my Christmas.

Not trying to be a contrarian, but Jungle is a very bad example. In this particular song, the tempo is pre-configured in his delay pedal/rack unit, it at the very least always starts at the same tempo.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Is this the faster tempo? It doesn't sound like Frank's the one pushing them to play faster.

I'm late, I can't see the first video anymore, but the second video starts when the song is already well on its way and I can't hear Slash coming in fast... Do you have another example?

More importantly though (PC doesn't suffer from being played a little bit quicker), in this second clip here, it seem like Slash is incredibly low in the mix, and Richard is fucking pitchy as hell on those bends... what's up with that?

Board footer