You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: For the tour - Rules SG would have in place

tejastech08 wrote:

Slash and Duff should go to Axl and propose bringing in Matt to replace Frank under strict instructions that he isn't allowed to talk any more shit. Come in and play the drums like he did in UYI Tour and get the groove going with Duff/Slash. No bullshit altercations with Axl.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Jesus Christ.....the shows have been good. No need for any change. They'll only get better. If it bothers you that much, if it creates so much distress, or turmoil in your ears don't watch anymore clips. I have no idea what else to tell you.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

artists_msorum01_tn.jpg
Accept-no-substitutes-straight.jpg

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

I think it's bullshit they aren't recording the shows to VHS tape and DAT anymore. Fucking solid state bullshit.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Gagarin wrote:

I think it's bullshit they aren't recording the shows to VHS tape and DAT anymore. Fucking solid state bullshit.

0b40ca2bd98ed9e79a9c900093246c89.jpg

Reminds me of someone..... 16 19

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

Jesus Christ.....the shows have been good. No need for any change. They'll only get better. If it bothers you that much, if it creates so much distress, or turmoil in your ears don't watch anymore clips. I have no idea what else to tell you.

Do you really think all these people hate Frank or maybe, just maybe, they want the best drummer for this tour?  You and Atari are the only ones that "can't hear anything". The shows are still great, BUT CAN BE BETTER. I agree Frank will fix... 

Talked to my pro drummer friend today. I said whose responsibility is it to keep time. Said Drummer #1 and Bass #2. Said you stick with drummer pace mid song should timing go off. Trying to dictate time with guitar will be a disaster. Better to be fast together than guitars slowing down and drums staying fast. So the drummer is supposed to dictate pace/time along with the bass player. But the bass player can't play anything "different" but help set that groove together. So it is up to Frank/Duff. You guys can take it from there.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
Furbush wrote:

....it's Frank.

He's not letting the songs fucking breathe. at ALL. Plus he's overplaying the fuck outta the shit. Thinkin' he's Neil fucking Peart. I previously could have taken or left him, but he's gotta hang back and play the songs the right way.

Axl giving Nu Guns the green light to play the songs their way was then.... Now it's fucking with everything.

Play the shit right, homie. If you think Adler can't learn how to play Coma, This I Love and The Seeker, you're high. And he's do it for half of your salary and you'd never be able to wipe the grin off of his face for the rest of his days on Earth.

Slash was on fucking fire in that Conspirators clip. FUCK. I want that Slash to show up with GNR. A BOSS!

misterID

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

Do you really think all these people hate Frank or maybe, just maybe, they want the best drummer for this tour?  You and Atari are the only ones that "can't hear anything". The shows are still great, BUT CAN BE BETTER. I agree Frank will fix... 

Talked to my pro drummer friend today. I said whose responsibility is it to keep time. Said Drummer #1 and Bass #2. Said you stick with drummer pace mid song should timing go off. Trying to dictate time with guitar will be a disaster. Better to be fast together than guitars slowing down and drums staying fast. So the drummer is supposed to dictate pace/time along with the bass player. But the bass player can't play anything "different" but help set that groove together. So it is up to Frank/Duff. You guys can take it from there.

I really don't care. This is the band, and you can't will a change, you can't bitch enough to make asshole and dipshit return. This is such a small percentage of the fanbase who you are citing, that this actually matters to, and compared to the majority of the fanbase, it is totally irrelevant. People going to these shows are NOT contacting professional drummers to gauge how fast someone is playing compared to x,y,z. Only you guys care, it's only a big issue to you, and it comes down to you wanting old members back in the band. That's what it boils down to and you trash up every fucking thread with it. These reviews have been steller. Even the bad reviews are NOT criticizing the band or music, or the drummer.

And you still refuse to talk about how fast Slash is playing. He is dictating the pace of the songs from the start, look at Jungle at Coachella. And you know what? It kicked ass, even his sloppy intro. It was awesome. It's more punk. I dig it.

I'm not bitching we need Buckethead back.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

I really don't care. This is the band, and you can't will a change, you can't bitch enough to make asshole and dipshit return. This is such a small percentage of the fanbase who you are citing, that this actually matters to, and compared to the majority of the fanbase, it is totally irrelevant. People going to these shows are NOT contacting professional drummers to gauge how fast someone is playing compared to x,y,z. Only you guys care, it's only a big issue to you, and it comes down to you wanting old members back in the band. That's what it boils down to and you trash up every fucking thread with it. These reviews have been steller. Even the bad reviews are NOT criticizing the band or music, or the drummer.

And you still refuse to talk about how fast Slash is playing. He is dictating the pace of the songs from the start, look at Jungle at Coachella. And you know what? It kicked ass, even his sloppy intro. It was awesome. It's more punk. I dig it.

I'm not bitching we need Buckethead back.

Wrong again...

1: This is my thread
2: EVEN IF SLASH IS FAST IT IS FRANKS JOB TO SLOW IT DOWN!!! And Duff's. They are the rhythm section. Not Slash. I have referenced this so many times I am beginning to feel you don't read or you don't choose to. Adler and Sorum would always bring Slash back to the correct pace like on SCOM etc. THE SHOWS DO KICK ASS. I AGREE. I did not call for Frank to be axed, Furbush did.

I am sick of discussing this. Would be easier to move on if you and Atari didn't insult or become passive aggressive to anyone that hears some issues with timing. Even FALDOR can hear it. This does not mean we don't like Frank. We just want them to gel and notice they have not hit their peak. You are acting like a millenial right now, accepting mediocrity instead of wanting something great.  I think all these issues, like I have been saying, will be fixed during the break between Coachella and Detroit.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Okay, dude, it's your thread, your "rules" for the band, you can have your party where everyone asgrees with you. Look back at the responses in this thread and say this isn't attacking Frank, (and now Richard is too loud!) and who is being passive aggressive. I'll stay out of it.

Board footer