You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: 19/4/16 FORO SOL, MEXICO CITY, MEXICO

polluxlm wrote:

That's the benefit of this happening in 2016 instead of 2006. Right now GN'R are the only locomotive in town. All the other big bands are been there done that, and there's nothing new coming up. GN'R being the last and youngest of those bands lands them in a sort of "last man on Earth status". Like the movie "Children of Men", only here we have a situation where no new rock acts are being born.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Someone at the show said he thinks the Cult played around 45 minutes. Guns came on exactly as advertised at 9:30. Those promoters must have Axl by the balls in the contracts.

AtariLegend wrote:

That explains, why I woke less than an hour ago and Guns had already finished!

On stage on time and that early? Madness 18.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

That's the benefit of this happening in 2016 instead of 2006. Right now GN'R are the only locomotive in town. All the other big bands are been there done that, and there's nothing new coming up. GN'R being the last and youngest of those bands lands them in a sort of "last man on Earth status". Like the movie "Children of Men", only here we have a situation where no new rock acts are being born.

Yeah it's funny. The hipster Cobain worshipers in the 1990's tried to drive a stake in the heart of GNR's credibility. Axl certainly helped them with the ridiculous horn section and whatnot. He gave them even more ammo in their attempt to pigeonhole Guns with other far less talented, far less accomplished bands of the 1980's.

But in the end, hipster grunge ended up killing rock and roll even quicker than corporate hair metal. Ultimately your legacy rests in the songwriting and GN'R put together incredible songs that will outlive all of us by centuries.

And now it all comes full circle with Cobain's right hand man giving Axl the iron throne for his foot injury and then hanging out at the GN'R gigs in Vegas. Cobain was a hipster poser IMHO. Talented rocker but so are the GN'R guys. And I would bet he secretly loved Appetite and respected their songwriting on stuff like Patience/Estranged.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Someone at the show said he thinks the Cult played around 45 minutes. Guns came on exactly as advertised at 9:30. Those promoters must have Axl by the balls in the contracts.

Three million a gig can make a dude very punctual.

Yeah, this is the right time for this to happen. If they release new music now they'll be the biggest thing on the music landscape. All of music, not just rock.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

aaZYPwK8.jpg

0i5T5Oo2.jpg

From Truth. So there is now photographic evidence Slash and Axl interacted. 16

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Couldn't watch this one live as had to be out for the day...hoping some good boots surface!

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMsiiqqOo04

johndivney wrote:

Goddamn stadium/outdoor venues. So many goddamn people! That clip is a reminder of how annoying it can be. Gotta get in training soon to be an ignorant asshole & push past people at gigs like the old days. Honed my craft at Leeds festival all those years ago but have slipped in recent years. These days I'm quite happy to stand around nearer the sound desk. But with GnR on the horizon gotta start pushing past people again to get nearer the front.. Actually was at that carry on at the black sabbath tour last year & still managed to get to the 2nd row, so I still have some kinda ignorance/skills.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Great show last night. Slash and Axl DOMINATED.

Board footer