You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: 19/4/16 FORO SOL, MEXICO CITY, MEXICO

monkeychow wrote:

I'm the only one I've met but I liked Music From Another Dimension the other year.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Well I agree with most of that I suppose.....especially how Cobain more than likely was listening to AFD. Everyone was listening to that 87-89. I doubt he was the lone holdout. 16

Yeah when that story came out how Duff was one of the last people to speak to him it definitely raised some eyebrows. It made you wonder if the feud was more or less a work to just hype the two.

Aerosmith may have sold out but it was the only way for them to enter the mainstream again. If they hadn't, they'd be at Foghat level now. Nobody in the 80s gave a rat's patootie about Aerosmith until Walk this Way with Run DMC. Just hearing that song now(which is a rarity) reminds me of this teen guy back then who would walk around with his ghetto blaster on his shoulder playing that song over and over full blast thinking he was the cat's meow, blissfully unaware how he looked like a total douchebag for buying the tape but only listening to that one song.

Don't Wanna Miss a Thing

God I hate that song. Then and now. It was their jump the shark moment. Permanent Vacation and Pump at least felt a bit genuine.  That song was a massive summer anthem of 98 but they never recovered from it. In fact, I cant even name one song relesed after it. I remember the name of that Honkin on Hobbo album or whatever but nothing else.

Everything post-1980 from Aerosmith became way too pop-sounding. They were a great hard rock band, like GN'R. Their early ballads like Dream On seemed genuine. Even their rockers in the 80's and 90's seemed forced. A huge drop from stuff like Sweet Emotion, Walk This Way, Train Kept A Rollin, Mama Kin, Back in the Saddle, etc. 70's Aerosmith was on par with 70's AC/DC. One of them kept their integrity while the other one went straight in the garbage.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

All I know is I had that Don't Miss A Thing MP3 on repeat for months, yall.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I dunno, saw them live about 2 years back and the mix of hits was incredible. It's like AC/DC where at this stage they have so many good songs that a hits show is awesome.

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

do they seem off on november rain to anyone else?  the frank thing is pretty glaring to me.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
skippy wrote:

do they seem off on november rain to anyone else?  the frank thing is pretty glaring to me.

Frank is definitely playing too fast on every song. But in a strange way the faster tempo is adding new energy. The whole thing could be deliberate to create more urgency in the songs. Frank didn't play this fast with the nu-Guns lineup.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

NR sounds like it is on fast forward it is so fast.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

NR sounds like it is on fast forward it is so fast.

Original clocks in at 9 minutes. Now they're playing it in less than 8 and a half, maybe as low as 8.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The whole band is playing faster. It's how it's being rehearsed. If it wasn't intentional Duff and Slash would say take it down or slow it down. Look at Jungle and PC, Slash is playing faster from the start.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

The whole band is playing faster. It's how it's being rehearsed. If it wasn't intentional Duff and Slash would say take it down or slow it down. Look at Jungle and PC, Slash is playing faster from the start.

I guess so. Fast PC is okay I guess. Fast NR sounds really weird.

Board footer