You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Prince is Dead

tejastech08 wrote:

So apparently his "flu" emergency landing last week was drug overdose and they gave him the Pulp Fiction revival shot. Went out next day and kicked butt in concert. Guess he overdosed again in last couple days.

James you make interesting point about all the 80's music legends dying. It would be nuts if all 5 GN'R guys live to be 80+, lol. If you asked people 30 years ago, most probably figured none of them would make it to 50 and here they are outliving MJ, Whitney, Prince, etc.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Damn, I didn't think Prince did drugs.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Not really a fan, but obviously the man was very talented and reached icon status.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

RIP. sad I was just getting into his music a few years back. All this talent passing away. Just keeps bumming me out.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

TMZ now reporting that he overdosed on Percocet last week. He was also seen at Walgreens 4 times in the last week leading up to his death. Witnesses said he would wait outside for someone to bring the drugs to him. He was agitated and pacing outside the door. Sounds like he was a full blown junkie at the end.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I always thought he had his shit together. So horrible. This is why I get worried about GNR. At anytime they could slip.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I always thought he had his shit together. So horrible. This is why I get worried about GNR. At anytime they could slip.

It's morbid to think about, but I wonder if the Prince news will actually help the GN'R tour sales. It's already selling great around the country from what I've seen reported, but the sense of urgency to see them just might go up even more now that another mega 80's star just died. Life is short. None of us are guaranteed tomorrow.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

It's morbid to think about, but I wonder if the Prince news will actually help the GN'R tour sales. It's already selling great around the country from what I've seen reported, but the sense of urgency to see them just might go up even more now that another mega 80's star just died. Life is short. None of us are guaranteed tomorrow.

I thought the same.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

TMZ now reporting that he overdosed on Percocet last week. He was also seen at Walgreens 4 times in the last week leading up to his death. Witnesses said he would wait outside for someone to bring the drugs to him. He was agitated and pacing outside the door. Sounds like he was a full blown junkie at the end.

It must be a late in life thing, because I always got the vibe he was anti drug and alcohol. He had double hip replacement not too long ago, that could have done it. I hate opiates. First/last/only time I took them, which were percocet, for a kidney stone, it made me stoned for a few hours, felt real good, then I got the shakes, next morning puked my guts out. They said I needed to get used to them... No thanks. That's what fucked up Elvis. He did it so much it destroyed his colon and heart, and ended up killing him.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

How do we know he wasn't in pain and became dependant on them like football players sometimes do.

Board footer