You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Re: 23/4/16 COACHELLA - Weekend 2

Gibbo wrote:

Dont cry

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

That's what I was saying the other day when I looked at the recent Rolling Stones setlist from the same Mexico City stadium. Almost the entire Stones list is the Hot Rocks album with all their hits from the 60's and early 70's. It's almost like everything they've done since is completely irrelevant. This is where GN'R benefits. They basically disappeared for 20 years and it doesn't even fucking matter. The Stones kept making music since the early 70's and no one gives a shit about 99% of it.

It is. 16

I'm not even talking about the download list here, but the quality list: GN'R Top 30 best songs (which includes deep cut stuff like Coma, Locomotive, 14 Years, Breakdown) compare very well with anyone in rock...which is amazing given their reputation as a band that wasn't around very long. This is where it pays off big time for them now on this tour and going forward. Their songs are timeless and 20 years from now if they are still touring, no one will give a shit about Chinese or anything else in the next 20 years. It will be all about those amazing songs written between 1985 and 1991.

I feel CD will end up similar to Boston's "Third Stage". Years in the making, some very good songs on there, but not on par with the classics. People will give some shit. TWAT alone is enough for that album to be remembered.

GN'R's discography is amazing though. They are up there with the greats in terms of being able to fill a 25 song set list with hits and deep cuts.

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

CSS 2.0 wrote:

Everyone needs to watch the Nightrain video that Gibbo posted on the last page. Amazing.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

CSS 2.0 wrote:

Everyone needs to watch the Nightrain video that Gibbo posted on the last page. Amazing.

Holy crap they're killing it out there.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
CSS 2.0 wrote:

It is killer and Gibbo gave me no credit but I sent that video to him initially. Haha.

Anyway, listen how loud Fortus' solo is compared to Slash's. Also not a fan of wanking Izzy's solo like Fortus does where he tries to fit as many notes as possible into that small window.

Still one of the best versions of that song from these 6 or 7 shows.

elevendayempire

Smoking Guns wrote:
CSS 2.0 wrote:

It is killer and Gibbo gave me no credit but I sent that video to him initially. Haha.

Anyway, listen how loud Fortus' solo is compared to Slash's. Also not a fan of wanking Izzy's solo like Fortus does where he tries to fit as many notes as possible into that small window.

Yeah, Fortus does tend to overdo it a bit on his Nightrain solo. Oddly, it sounded much better when he played it back in 2002 – he's crammed more and more notes in there over the years, and now it comes across as a bit overstuffed.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
CSS 2.0 wrote:

Yeah, Fortus does tend to overdo it a bit on his Nightrain solo. Oddly, it sounded much better when he played it back in 2002 – he's crammed more and more notes in there over the years, and now it comes across as a bit overstuffed.

Fuck, Bucket was awesome!!!  It should be Bucket and Slash, now that would be amazing.

elevendayempire

Smoking Guns wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Fuck, Bucket was awesome!!!  It should be Bucket and Slash, now that would be amazing.

Nah, it'd be like the Slash/Zakk Wylde situation – two monster lead players jockeying for position. Though I would love to see Bucket come back for a guest spot to belt out TWAT. Just once, I want to see him do his solo live; likewise with Finck and This I Love.

Now, one thing they really should be doing is reviving the "duelling guitars" during the Paradise City outro. For Christ's sake, let Fortus cut loose there, it's a complete waste to have him stuck on rhythm for the entire gig (KOHD, Nightrain and Chinese Democracy aside).

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Damn, those Bucket solos actually make me sad. He might have been at his peak during those years in GNR, and it was totally wasted. Great stuff though.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Nah, it'd be like the Slash/Zakk Wylde situation – two monster lead players jockeying for position. Though I would love to see Bucket come back for a guest spot to belt out TWAT. Just once, I want to see him do his solo live; likewise with Finck and This I Love.

Now, one thing they really should be doing is reviving the "duelling guitars" during the Paradise City outro. For Christ's sake, let Fortus cut loose there, it's a complete waste to have him stuck on rhythm for the entire gig (KOHD, Nightrain and Chinese Democracy aside).

I am fine with that, but to allow dueling guitars let that Outro go for a bit. Axl seems in a hurry to end that song. Slash doesn't even get to Jam it out like he does with Conspirators. PC Outro needs to be longer to allow ample time for Slash and Richard to RIP.

Board footer