You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: New Info regarding CD

Voodoochild wrote:

Wow, I was just talking about a possibility. No need to reply with sarcasm.

In fact, I just said the author hinted to have something more in the article. Of course he may said that to tease people to buy the mag, but he also wouldn't spoil the article for obvious reasons.

I don't know, I did not read the article. I was just trying to explain why would Jarmo delete the thread about the article. I don't know him, I just wanted to see another possibility instead of just insulting the guy without knowing the facts.

People just want to why know such things get deleted, we don't allow insulting here but questioning is and people just don't understand it and want to vent.   

It's his board he can do what he wants with it.  19

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:
Voodoochild wrote:

I was just trying to explain why would Jarmo delete the thread about the article. I don't know him, I just wanted to see another possibility instead of just insulting the guy without knowing the facts.

People just want to why know such things get deleted

yeah I was wondering why he attacked the guy and deleted it...cuz to me it looks like the info comes with beta's blessing...but whatever

BTW welcome Voodoo!!! 22

Voodoochild
 Rep: 3 

Voodoochild wrote:

I really don't know. But from what I see, there's some stuff (like the HD stuff with Better) that was somewhat official, but not supposed to be in that way and makes Jarmo, with some inside background, to not allow those kind of things on the board. May be the case here.

Also, as a journalist myself, I know how often people misquote in order to get a point. Maybe the guy just tried to interview Beta and she denied politely, but he used her words (and the very little info about the album being done) as if it was a proper interview.

DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

Welcome Voodoochild.

Neemo wrote:

BTW welcome Voodoo!!! 22

Thanks guys! 22

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

well people have been saying its done for a while....dizzy, ron, frank, richard, del, baz...so maybe she figured we'd finally clue in that it is handed in 16

Voodoochild
 Rep: 3 

Voodoochild wrote:

Thanks man! smile

Well, I guess everyone knows about the album being done (including mixing and mastering, Id say). Baz, Richard, Dizzy and some other "inside" people already said that last year.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

It's funny how things are worded.  She said it was "done before Christmas," but she didn't say it  has been handed in. Classic Rock hinted that it was, but ...

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Voodoochild wrote:

Thanks man! smile

Well, I guess everyone knows about the album being done (including mixing and mastering, Id say). Baz, Richard, Dizzy and some other "inside" people already said that last year.

Oh I know. But to me "everyone knows that" would mean that it was beyond obvious as if it had been made official anywhere by the GNR camp.

Yeah that statement by Beta "everyone knows that" (if accurate which seems like it is) I found to just be fucking arrogant.  NO everybody doesn't know that for sure - I didn't!  Sure I read the rumours and recently there had been more and more hinting to this fact - but of course nobody had the decency to clarify things.  I have also heard plenty of other shit from rumours to statements from hangers on around the band (Del included) to bandmembers about what was a happening in the past and it all amounted to nought!  So it's not always wise to simply go off rumour and innuendo.  A little courtesy and communication to your fanbase once in a while wouldn't fucking go astray!

I could perhaps see why Beta didn't like what happened with the rest of the article, where it talks about a summer / christmas release and a downloadable release.  It seems like she didn't comment at all about these things but instead the author has used his commonsense as to what a potential release strategy could involve - along with some information he gets from some other unknown source close to the band.  So I could understand how Beta may wanna distance herself from this as only a brief read from someone may interpret that this info came from her - then they end up being held to this and copping flack if it doesn't happen.

At the same time simply pulling the article from HTGTH is just a juevenile way to deal with it, kinda reminds me of those stupid contracts they tried to get photographers to sign during the UYI tour.  This control thing of all information is simply not possible.  The way I would have dealt with it was to get Jarmo to put a brief reply to the article from Beta saying something like "yes I confirmed that it's done, but that's all I said.  Classic Rock have then used their poetic liscence to speculate on a release date and strategy" - or something to that effect.  Simply taking it down just annoys people anyhow and besides there are a heap of other places where people will get the info so it achieve nothing other than making them look bad - again.

Bumble4tus
 Rep: -3 

Bumble4tus wrote:

You all are reading way too much into why Jarmo deleted the article.  He deleted it because he does not like it when other sources reveal information as he is under the false assumption that his board is going to be legit when it won't ever be and he thinks he's trying to "protect" the band.  And when he sees it is legit, he will then allow it and put it up in a form that makes it appear that he knew it was legit and it was heard first on HTGTH as he will twist it to appear that way.  He will wait until the full article comes out wait and see.

Board footer