You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: 7/5/16 Lisbon, Portugal AC/DC (First Show With Axl)

I just think that a conventional, AFD-style rock album would be a waste at this point. We have AFD, it's unlikely they'll top the songs on that; in the same way Rock or Bust is a pale imitation of AC/DC's classics, do we really want a backwards-looking GN'R trying to mimic their past glories? I've no doubt it'd be good, but I don't want merely good – I want this band to realise the potential that it's capable of. Fulfil the promise of UYI and CD, take those vault songs that Axl spent years tinkering with, take the songs that Izzy and Slash and Duff worked up for Velvet Revolver, strip them back to first principles and make an album that's a statement of intent. Self-title it if need be.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Not particularly keen on a new AC/DC album myself. Getting close to 30 years since Angus put out peak material. And we don't want Axl spending lots of time writing songs with him when GN'R has Slash and Duff back in the fold.

What I do want is a rerecorded Best Of. Could be made in a few weeks, and you get the best of Axl paired with the best of AC/DC. Then it's time to start working on a new GN'R album.

rose22
 Rep: 12 

rose22 wrote:

I'll take that. Great idea!

elevendayempire

polluxlm wrote:

Not particularly keen on a new AC/DC album myself. Getting close to 30 years since Angus put out peak material. And we don't want Axl spending lots of time writing songs with him when GN'R has Slash and Duff back in the fold.

What I do want is a rerecorded Best Of. Could be made in a few weeks, and you get the best of Axl paired with the best of AC/DC. Then it's time to start working on a new GN'R album.

I think a rerecorded Best Of might rub fans and the press up the wrong way – could be seen as them trying to erase Brian from history. Imagine if, say, Queen decided to rerecord Greatest Hits with Adam Lambert... there'd be an uproar.

New AC/DC material wouldn't be particularly taxing; doesn't Angus write it all himself anyway? Axl's involvement would amount to turning up and singing the songs.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Yeah, there would definitely be some uproar. It'd be a great album though. If records were still selling like in the old days Angus might be cynical enough to do it.

I guess what we can hope for is a live dvd. The way he's singing they might not need any studio work for a great production.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

They need to release something from this tour.     I'm still so impressed with how well Axl fits in AC/DC.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I just can't see Ac/Dc re-recording their songs with Axl - there is so much love for Bon and Brian that those would be considered untouchable. Just look at the hallowed way they refer to Bon in any interview.

I would believe they might do a live-album of them though.

If the band follows it's normal pattern the next product we could expect would be a proshot dvd of the Rock or Bust tour - they have done this with Ballbreaker, Still Upper Lip and Black Ice tours. The question is if such a dvd came out would it have Brian or Axl or both. I haven't heard of them filming any of the brian shows....so there's a a reasonable chance they could film one of the final dates with Axl.

elevendayempire

monkeychow wrote:

I just can't see Ac/Dc re-recording their songs with Axl - there is so much love for Bon and Brian that those would be considered untouchable. Just look at the hallowed way they refer to Bon in any interview.

I would believe they might do a live-album of them though.

If the band follows it's normal pattern the next product we could expect would be a proshot dvd of the Rock or Bust tour - they have done this with Ballbreaker, Still Upper Lip and Black Ice tours. The question is if such a dvd came out would it have Brian or Axl or both. I haven't heard of them filming any of the brian shows....so there's a a reasonable chance they could film one of the final dates with Axl.

Double-disc release? Disc 1 with Brian, disc 2 with Axl. Seems the obvious way to go about it.

Board footer