You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: EURO 2016 Thread

polluxlm wrote:

What a game this is turning out to be.

AtariLegend wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

What a game this is turning out to be.

Yep.

AtariLegend wrote:

England got lucky, so did Portugal.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Exciting game!

That is a generally poor Portugal team that we should be beating. That said I'd rather play Iceland so I'm happy with the outcome.

If you'd offered us a place in the last 16 vs Iceland before the tournament I'd have taken it.

johndivney wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

If you'd offered us a place in the last 16 vs Iceland before the tournament I'd have taken it.

Haha! That's the creeping confidence I've been waiting for.. C'mon Iceland!

I watched the Iceland Austria game, it was great too. Terrible quality of football mind, but it was absolutely amazing nonetheless.

Gera's goal in the Hungary Portugal game might be goal of the tournament so far.
Portugal are probably the most unlikable team in world football atm, now brazil don't figure.

Dunno about this team Ireland are fielding tonight. Be a big surprise if they manage to scrape thru with that lineup. Italy have made 8 changes, normally you'd think they'd be vulnerable, but against that Ireland team they oughta fancy themselves. I'd say tho, if Italy hadn't already topped the group they might've rolled over tonight & tried to get into the other side of the draw..

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

If England beat France in the quarters is when you are going to see English starting to chant "it's coming home" for real. After 4 days of that, Germany in the following game is setting it all up to be glorious.

AtariLegend wrote:

France without Varane and Bezema isn't impossible. Germany though? No chance.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

That's why it will be glorious, for the rest of us. 16

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

16 You can all fuck off.

johndivney wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Haha! That's the creeping confidence I've been waiting for.. C'mon Iceland!

Not at all 16 but we've got to play someone and if you look at the other teams in our side of the draw it could be a lot worse.

Call it arrogance if you want but if Iceland knock England out of the Euros it will be one of the biggest international upsets of all time.

AtariLegend wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Call it arrogance if you want but if Iceland knock England out of the Euros it will be one of the biggest international upsets of all time.

How many knockout games have England won at the Euros, baring the penalty shoot out against Spain at Euro 96?

Board footer