You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: EURO 2016 Thread

AtariLegend wrote:

Great tackle by Škrtel.

That's the kind of thing I done in school when forced to play football, that said... I didn't like the people I went to school with.

Good old BBC, taking half time during the Wales game to talk about England.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Good old itv, taking 20 mins of Englands pre match build up to talk about Wales.

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

CSS 2.0 wrote:

England (read: Roy Hodgson) fucked it.

Not starting Vardy is a disgrace to the nation.

johndivney wrote:

That was so funny last night. Love watching England.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Typical England. Had I known about the never won an opening match statistic I'd have changed my prediction. If there's something England never do in tournaments you can be sure they will continue not to do it. Now that it's so easy to progress to the next round I could totally see them flunking out completely. Or end up like third and meet Germany in the next round. 14

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

Saturday's results:

200px-Federata_Shqiptare_e_Futbollit.svg.png vs. 200px-SFV_Logo.svg.png

Match 2 Albania vs. Switzerland

Result: 0-1 (5) Schär

200px-Football_Association_of_Wales_logo.svg.png vs. 230px-New_logo_SFZ.png

Match 3 Wales vs. Slovakia

Result: 2-1 (10) Bale, (61) Duda, (81) Robson-Kanu

170px-England_crest_2009.svg.png vs. 200px-Russian_Football_Union.png

Match 4 England vs. Russia

Result: 1-1
(73) Dier, (90+2) V. Berezutski

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Yep same old from England. We never start well in tournaments, our 3 best tournaments (66, 90, 96) all started with draws so it's not the end of the world. Problem is if we can't beat a Russian side that poor, however well we played, it doesn't bode well for the rest of the tournament.

No idea why Vardy never came on. I can understand starting with Kane but he couldn't get in the game and with 20/25 mins left it was begging for Vardys pace in behind the ageing centre backs. Poor call from Hodgeson.

The more I see of Sterling the less impressed I am, lots of pace but no end product.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

175px-TurkishFootballFederation-logo.png vs. 150px-Hrvatski_Nogometni_Savez.svg.png

Match 5 Turkey vs. Croatia
June 12th, 3pm CET.

Previous meetings: 4 (1-1-2)

Lineups:

Turkey: Babacan - Gönül, Topal, Balta, Erkin - Inan, Tufan - Turan, Ozyakup, Calhanoglu - Tosun
Croatia: Subasic - Srna, Corluka, Vida, Strinic - Badelj, Modric, Persisic, Rakitic, Brozovic - Mandzukic

AtariLegend wrote:

If we finish 3rd in this group, we'll probably play France.

We can do it, all we need is to win 1 game!

johndivney wrote:

3 draws'll do.. Just do not concede & then try and maximise any chance that might materialise. If they play well it's possible. They're a proper well drilled team whereas some countries aren't as far along. Poland are a pretty experienced side tho so that advantage is somewhat nullified.. Ah fuck. C'mon!

I mean if the luck stays good & unless there's an unexpected collapse there's a good chance they can get something. Poland aren't all that at the end of the day..

Board footer