You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: EURO 2016 Thread

AtariLegend wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

It's happened.

What a shit week for this country.

Channel 4 had a news special during the match on Brexit. Their was a report with a large group of England fans attacking this 1 French guy by himself and another group shouting fuck Europe and get your tits out with this scared looking Iceland woman.

I wonder what they thought after the match.

johndivney wrote:

Poor woy. Almost feel sorry for hodgeson. Where's Rooney's or Joe harts interview?!

AtariLegend wrote:

Who does everyone think will win now?

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

johndivney wrote:

BBC1 10 to 11.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Germany will win it, but I always say that. tongue

johndivney wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

This has to be England's biggest defeat since the USA in 1950.

This is worse. The USA defeat is the only real historic comparison, but this is much worse. It's great.

Bunch of multi-millionaires from the richest league in the world, beaten by a dentist & a guy who directs music videos for Eurovision!

AtariLegend wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

The winner of Germany/Italy is going hammer the winner of France/Iceland.

tongue

Shame I'm not a betting fan.

johndivney wrote:

Out of curiosity I had a quick gander for the betting odds last night & came across this on the mirror.co.uk & wanted to share:

ROY HODGSON says he is not prepared to beg FA Chairman Greg Dyke for a new contract.

Further evidence he has no tactical acumen whatsoever, then.

I’m not too proud to admit to blatant crawling to those who are above me (everyone).

You don’t think I got this job on my writing ability or betting acumen alone do you? Only yesterday I mentioned to the editor: “I agree with everything you’ve ever said or thought in your life.”

Hodgson’s contract is up at the end of this tournament and even he must know he won’t be offered a new one if England get knocked out by a land made of ice.

Iceland only has a population of 330,000 people, the most famous of which are former Mastermind host Magnus Magnusson and singer Bjork. This means there’s just a 2000-1 chance of you representing your country if you’re Icelandic. Magnusson won 42 caps and Bjork 12.

The good news for Roy (above) is that England will win – and win well. There is no bad news – unless you’ve been following the tips in this column.

England have been unfairly criticised on the evidence of what they’ve achieved in their three group games, which admittedly isn’t much.

The three teams England have faced thus far have employed a safety-first strategy.

But England are not alone in failing to impress.

France failed to beat Switzerland, Germany couldn’t break down Poland, Spain lost to Croatia and Italy were beaten by the Republic of Ireland.

This is a tournament without an outstanding team.

You get the feeling that England will eventually convert one of the chances they create, hopefully while they’re still at this tournament.

When they do their opponents will have to change their game plan.

England will beat Iceland and if they get that all-important early goal a few more may arrive.

This is why I love it so much. I actually can empathise with the fans, Roy, even some of the players. But it's the press that make it so fucking sweet. Gonna read all the papers I can get my hands on today!

Iceland were 18/2 from what I can see. Rather generous odds those.

johndivney wrote:

Board footer