You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: EURO 2016 Thread

AtariLegend wrote:

More violence today.

If this was Albania and Iceland we were talking about, both countries would already have been booted.

Russia can't get away with this. With a World Cup looming in 2 years... this is a mess.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Only scuffles by the sound of it. Probably wouldn't have made the news if it wasn't for the events of last weekend.

I forgot Russia did exactly the same thing at the last Euros. Nearly 200 arrests for fighting with Polish fans on the opening weekend of Euro 2012. Quite what they will do about this next world cup will be interesting. I suspect nothing but it will serve Russia and Fifa right if nobody goes and it's played out in half empty stadiums.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

160px-Austria_mixed_COA.svg.png vs. 150px-Hungarian_Football_Federation.svg.png

Match 11 Austria vs. Hungary
June 14th

Result: 0-2 (62) Szalai, (87) Stieber

169px-Portuguese_Football_Federation.svg.png vs. 200px-Iceland_FA.png

Match 12 Portugal vs. Iceland
June 14th

Result: 1-1 (31) Nani, (50) B. Bjarnason

200px-Russian_Football_Union.png vs. File:New_logo_SFZ.png vs. 230px-New_logo_SFZ.png

Match 13 Russia vs. Slovakia
June 15th

Result: 1-2 (32) Weiss, (45) Hamsik, (80) Glushakov

200px-Federatia_Romana_de_fotbal.png vs. 200px-SFV_Logo.svg.png

Match 14 Romania vs. Switzerland
June 15th

Result: 1-1 (18) Stancu (pen.), (57) Mehmedi

200px-Logo_de_l%27%C3%89quipe_de_France_de_Football.png vs. 200px-Federata_Shqiptare_e_Futbollit.svg.png

Match 15 France vs. Albania
June 15th

Result: 2-0 (90) Griezmann, (90+6) Payet

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

170px-England_crest_2009.svg.png vs. 200px-Football_Association_of_Wales_logo.svg.png

Match 16
England vs. Wales
June 16th, 3pm CET.

Previous meetings: 101 (66-21-14)

Lineups
England: Hart - Walker, Cahill, Smalling, Rose - Dier, Rooney - Lallana, Alli, Sterling - Kane
Wales: Hennessey - Chester, Williams, Davies - Gunter, Ledley, Allen, Ramsey, Taylor - Bale, Robson-Kanu

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

Lions versus dragons. Unless you are a Game of Thrones fan you know who should win that contest. England is England though, so fantasy might become real here. It would be worth it for the meltdown alone.

AtariLegend wrote:

I've got to be honest, I actually supported England in previous tournaments until 2010 when the press tried to claim an English manager would have done better than Capello.

Northern Ireland matches weren't always shown on TV when I was growing up, it was always England. Today though, I'm definitely cheering on Bale.

Wales are through anyway, considering the 3rd place nonsense. It's just a question of who they face.

I'd be impressed though if England managed to lose 2 games in a row here (not likely), that's the only way they wouldn't get through too... baring UEFA kicking rioting fans out post Brexit.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

They aren't quite through, but they have a very good chance of progressing. 3 points give you about a 75% chance in this format. 4 points is almost guaranteed, it depends on how many teams get the same. Norway managed to end 4th in their group in 94 since all teams had the same amount of points. I think that tournament also saw 5 groups ending with 4 points for the third placed team, so one of them had to go.

The benefit for Wales is they can go for a draw. England has to win and that could leave them open for counterattacks. With Bale in the team that could get extremely dangerous.

AtariLegend wrote:

I don't think anyone can argue though that a Great Britain/UK team wouldn't be alot stronger. It'll never happen.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

Bale! Wales 1-0! 14

AtariLegend wrote:

sad Oh Wales.

Board footer