You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: 26/6/16 FEDEX FIELD, WASHINGTON, DC UNITED STATES

This is quite fun: BTS footage from Slash:

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

It was never about Slash specifically, though. He said as much:

I've always thought it was a catch-all song directed at everyone who's held Axl back or told him to "just shut up and sing", from managers to the fans.

Yeah, I know, just being a bit of a cynic.

I think that while Axl may be motivated by various feelings in the moment, when they come out, they tend to be more abstract anyway.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

As for Sorry - although Axl says there is no such construct as "The Fans" I always got the impression that some of it was aimed at the sort of trolls that fill places like mygnr and don't give him a fair shot. (While there's annoying things GNR has done, we all know there's some folks who just hate anything for the sake of it).

As with most GNR songs I think it probably comes down to line by line experiences though - it's probably an amalgamation of anger towards various groups that have criticised him from the negative fans, to managers, to advisers, to the label, lovers,  to family and bandmates during a dispute etc. It seems simplistic to say it's directed at Slash alone. Particularly since in I think Axl rebuffed that idea from the stage somewhere around 2009.

johndivney wrote:

What was attendance like? Top deck/nosebleeds seemed to be closed. Imagine a Sunday night show is a tough sell..
Start time was outrageously early. Maybe given it was a Sunday. Not my cup of tea that..

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

http://youtu.be/MRiBnjSoaE4

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

johndivney wrote:

What was attendance like? Top deck/nosebleeds seemed to be closed. Imagine a Sunday night show is a tough sell..
Start time was outrageously early. Maybe given it was a Sunday. Not my cup of tea that..

According to Del James, the band actually made it on stage ahead of schedule:

Truly we are living in a new era.

johndivney wrote:

Yea, I'd have missed half an hour of the show ffs!

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

I'm glad they don't have animosity anymore, but at this point the live show is boring to me. I'm not even sure I give a shit about new music either. As with many great bands, GN'R had their time to conquer the world and it is long over at this point...regardless of how many people are happy to show up for nostalgia tours.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

I'm glad they don't have animosity anymore, but at this point the live show is boring to me. I'm not even sure I give a shit about new music either. As with many great bands, GN'R had their time to conquer the world and it is long over at this point

I sortof agree with you at this point. I have the show on July 13th & moderately looking forward to it, but I'm not amped up for it. We'll see, I hope to at least have a good time & bring a smile to my face.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

I'm glad they don't have animosity anymore, but at this point the live show is boring to me. I'm not even sure I give a shit about new music either. As with many great bands, GN'R had their time to conquer the world and it is long over at this point

I sortof agree with you at this point. I have the show on July 13th & moderately looking forward to it, but I'm not amped up for it. We'll see, I hope to at least have a good time & bring a smile to my face.

You will love it!

Board footer