You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Re: 20/7/16 GILLETTE STADIUM, FOXBORO, MA UNITED STATES

Gagarin wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Voice wise I thought 06-09 was awesome.

2010 was hit or miss depending on the show - generally ok but without the big screams of 06-09

2011-2014 was some tough times if you're like me and you love the rasp.

Generally 2016 has been an improvement on 2011+ but not quite at 2006 level aside from Ac/Dc where the songs facilitate constant screams \m/

THIS.

johndivney wrote:
Gibbo wrote:

Love the reaction of the crowd. "To the bar.."

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

In fairness to Axl this was the 2nd show in 2 nights, back to back.  He sounds a bit out of breath & gasping in bits.  I think they threw this in to mix it up & compensate by exciting the crowd, as a tradeoff for the raspy & breathing/voice issues.

Not saying its terrible, it's good.  Just I think with 2-3 nights rest he'd nail it better. Cool they played it tho, for the fans.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

I agree he is sounding way better this tour. Best he's sounded since 2006-2007.

Also good point on this show being back-to-back.

war wrote:

axl has had no problem with irs in the past and is singing much better than he has in decades. he is nailing more than one register, wag.

I haven't been listening to every song every concert but I watched "Rocket Queen" in Philly last week and now "Catcher" in Foxboro and I thought he was struggling with those tracks. I could be wrong and just happening to listen to the less impressive performances.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Well......they improved the album version but that wasn't going to be difficult. Album version is just horrid on many levels.

It definitely needs some tinkering. They'll iron out the kinks just like they did with TIL.

CITR one of the last songs I expected them to bust out on this tour. It means just about any CD song is possible at this point.

It also wasn't on the alternate list......which means I was right......the band has its own set list which no one is privy to. Boy would I love to see that.

Could of been on the alt list. All shows alt list are different and I don't think we seen a setlist for this show.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

And about the brian may version there's a fair chance slashs hasn't heard that version

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

It's nice for us who stuck with Axl during the Chinese years to hear these, but does he think that anyone in that crowd is praying to hear this song?

I'm not saying I dont' love me some deep cuts.  Just an interesting group of songs being played sometimes.

Is there a way to check if ChiDem is moving more units now that they are on tour.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
skippy wrote:

It's nice for us who stuck with Axl during the Chinese years to hear these, but does he think that anyone in that crowd is praying to hear this song?

I'm not saying I dont' love me some deep cuts.  Just an interesting group of songs being played sometimes.

Is there a way to check if ChiDem is moving more units now that they are on tour.

You'd be hard pressed to find CD in any stores that sell music these days. Hell, you'd be hard pressed to find stores that sell music to begin with. If anything, sales through iTunes might be up, but I wouldn't expect a huge bump. A majority in the crowd could care the same amount about deep cuts from the back catalog as they do from CD. Next to nothing. They want to hear all the classics, what is that, 15 songs at best? That means they play at least 8 songs a majority of the crowd isn't all that familiar with. At least that's the way I see it.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I thought Catcher sounded good and Slash was pretty awesome, I don't really get the criticism. The opening of the solo was all Slash and was way better than Ron. He went up tempo at the end, but I wouldn't call it shredding. Give him a few more times to make it his own.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

I thought Catcher sounded good and Slash was pretty awesome, I don't really get the criticism. The opening of the solo was all Slash and was way better than Ron. He went up tempo at the end, but I wouldn't call it shredding. Give him a few more times to make it his own.

Agree. I thought Slash was in Boss Mode.

Board footer