You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Stay of Execution Album Cover

Smoking Guns wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
dalethirsty wrote:

doesn't look like a lot of the US dates this time around are selling out. hell, i still haven't bought my tickets for the detroit show.

if the band wants to come back around a 3rd time, they will need to bring something with them -- either izzy & adler, or some new fuckin' songs.

I still cannot get over the fact they scheduled the Boston show the night of the primetime pats/falcons super bowl rematch. May not sound like much to others on the board but it's either a MASSIVE oversight on behalf of Team Brazil/Live Nation or even MORE MASSIVE cockiness.

Like Beta or Fernando would be smart enough to look into that lol.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

the antiquiet leaks obviously had an effect on the tracklisting as well. i wonder if each of those songs was "on the list" prior to them leaking?

in the supposed leaked tracklist, it had the general, thyme, atlas shrugged, ides of march and seven.

perhaps these songs were strategically saved as the core group of songs that would define the sound of the next record? or maybe they were just half-baked ideas that had no potential?

the world may never know...

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

Seeing as Marco Beltrami worked on all of those tracks, I'd consider it doubtful they were half-baked ideas.

And I doubt Team Brazil is in charge of managing a multi-million dollar tour.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

Seeing as Marco Beltrami worked on all of those tracks, I'd consider it doubtful they were half-baked ideas.

i'd agree, but how does a label fund bringing in a guy like beltrami and then approve the release of an album without his contributions on the final cut? just cutting their losses at that point? or did axl have them bought into the idea of a sequel or trilogy?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It would be very easy to whip up new versions of the unreleased stuff.

Slam slash onto the Silkworms riff and it goes from industrial to Led Zep sounding.

Board footer