You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ppp

Re: The Feud

ppp wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I am saying this tour with no Slash would be a small arena tour at best. Slash brought the crowd.

Yes, and no. Slash and Axl on the same stage made it big, but Slash was the key figure, but he doesn't deserve more. It's the combo. I doubt he wanted GNR back on top, I'd say it was both personal and business on the end.

Slash and Duff are at 25% each and Axl is at 50%...  But the crowds more than doubled in the US by Slash joining Axl... Just doing math hear saying Axl is getting great value.  Really Duff is the one making out big time here.  Slash is "worth" more than 25% no doubt.  But he wanted this to happen so it is all worth it.  Axl doesn't look at shit like that.  He just doesn't.  But everything is going great.  So I am happy.

Where did you get the percentages for each person makes during this tour? Thanks.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I agree. Slash wanted GNR back on top and if that meant falling on the sword and taking all the blame so Axl could feel like Slash as in the wrong and he was right so be it. Slash doesn't give a fuck about that. He did what it took to get GNR back to the top. Thing is Slash deserves the 50% more than Axl by far. The ONLY reason this shit is big is because of Slash. Really ironic when you think about it.

When you say "the only reason this shit is big is because of Slash" what do you mean?

If you're saying slash made GNR by himself....I think you're in the minority.

I am saying this tour with no Slash would be a small arena tour at best. Slash brought the crowd.

The same would be true if Duff and Slash were touring as GN'R without Axl. The general public would not accept it.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Yes, and no. Slash and Axl on the same stage made it big, but Slash was the key figure, but he doesn't deserve more. It's the combo. I doubt he wanted GNR back on top, I'd say it was both personal and business on the end.

Slash and Duff are at 25% each and Axl is at 50%...  But the crowds more than doubled in the US by Slash joining Axl... Just doing math hear saying Axl is getting great value.  Really Duff is the one making out big time here.  Slash is "worth" more than 25% no doubt.  But he wanted this to happen so it is all worth it.  Axl doesn't look at shit like that.  He just doesn't.  But everything is going great.  So I am happy.

Slash would not even have his foot in the door with Axl if not for Duff. Therefore I think Duff getting just as much as Slash is fair. From what I understand, the tour information says "GN'R" is managed by Team Brazil while Slash and Duff have their own managers. This suggests that Axl is paying for a shitload of other "GN'R" expenses (Frank, Dizzy, Melissa, and who knows what else) out of his 50% cut while the other two are getting a pretty big share as individuals. I would guess when you take the expenses out of Axl's 50% share, he is probably closer to 35% or something.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
war wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

It would be bigger than myles and slash. Most people like both is the deal. They both need each other to pull this off.

Yes, they need both but Axl is making Double that of Slash.  Slash plus Myles wasn't called "GNR"... NuGNR at best was a nonsell out Arena act.  Slash comes back and they are playing stadiums.  Duff has little effect on crowd size.  Average US crowd with Axl and Nuguns was about 7-8,000 per show.  Not terrible.  With Slash back average crowd is what, 35-40,000?

Now you tell me why Axl is getting double....

Because he pays the expenses associated with GN'R. That means the salaries for other musicians and hangers-on like Dizzy Reed and Del James. I think Duff and Slash are getting a pretty sweet deal if they're each receiving 25% and don't have to pay any of those expenses.

As far as Duff goes, Slash would be out of GN'R forever if not for Duff becoming friends with Axl again in the first place. Duff was the peacemaker and that is HUGE. Do not forget that. Slash probably appreciates it and that is why he agreed to the same cut as Duff. It's the biggest payday of Slash's life and he wouldn't have it without Duff finding a way back into Axl's life again.

Make no mistake, Slash needs this money too after the bullshit with Perla. The GN'R reunion came at a perfect time for him. I'm not saying she bankrupted him, but I am sure he is happy as hell to get all of his money back and then some thanks to the GN'R reunion profits.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
war wrote:

It would be bigger than myles and slash. Most people like both is the deal. They both need each other to pull this off.

Yes, they need both but Axl is making Double that of Slash.  Slash plus Myles wasn't called "GNR"... NuGNR at best was a nonsell out Arena act.  Slash comes back and they are playing stadiums.  Duff has little effect on crowd size.  Average US crowd with Axl and Nuguns was about 7-8,000 per show.  Not terrible.  With Slash back average crowd is what, 35-40,000?

Because he pays the expenses associated with GN'R. That means the salaries for other musicians and hangers-on like Del James. I think Duff and Slash are getting a pretty sweet deal if they're receiving 25% and don't have to pay any of those expenses.

As far as Duff goes, Slash would be out of GN'R forever if not for Duff becoming friends with Axl again in the first place. Duff was the peacemaker and that is HUGE. Do not forget that. Slash probably appreciates it and that is why he agreed to an equal cut as Duff.

If it is 50-25-25, that would be profits after all expenses paid, I would assume. Or else Slash and Duff would be on a salary. It can't be a percentage if the numbers are different for each. If what you are saying is true, then Slash has to pay for his guitar tech, lodging for him and his wife and kids, etc... Same with Duff. Also Slash probably had to pay for all his own gear. Which is why it goes back to my original statement that it is profit after all expenses paid. So Axl may get 50% of profit, but takes on 50% of cost likewise for Slash and Duff. If they did it your way, Axl would just give Slash and Duff a Salary. But when I see percentages, that tells me it is a profit split. I could be wrong.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

Fans Profit Split:
+ 1 good show
- $200-300
+/- 0 new music in 8 years

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Because he pays the expenses associated with GN'R. That means the salaries for other musicians and hangers-on like Del James. I think Duff and Slash are getting a pretty sweet deal if they're receiving 25% and don't have to pay any of those expenses.

As far as Duff goes, Slash would be out of GN'R forever if not for Duff becoming friends with Axl again in the first place. Duff was the peacemaker and that is HUGE. Do not forget that. Slash probably appreciates it and that is why he agreed to an equal cut as Duff.

If it is 50-25-25, that would be profits after all expenses paid, I would assume. Or else Slash and Duff would be on a salary. It can't be a percentage if the numbers are different for each. If what you are saying is true, then Slash has to pay for his guitar tech, lodging for him and his wife and kids, etc... Same with Duff. Also Slash probably had to pay for all his own gear. Which is why it goes back to my original statement that it is profit after all expenses paid. So Axl may get 50% of profit, but takes on 50% of cost likewise for Slash and Duff. If they did it your way, Axl would just give Slash and Duff a Salary. But when I see percentages, that tells me it is a profit split. I could be wrong.

Someone said the tour information at the shows lists "GN'R" as managed by Team Brazil and lists Slash and Duff as separate. To me this strongly implies that the 50% cut is handling everything outside of Slash and Duff. They are guests with GN'R and they are not responsible for writing checks to the likes of Frank or Dizzy...possibly even the tour crew that moves stuff between gigs. It's very possible Axl is covering all that shit out of the "GN'R" cut at 50%.

ppp

ppp wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Wouldn't their label or Live Nation pay for all travel expenses and equipment?

Axl is solely responsible for paying Dizzy, Melissa, Frank and Richard. Probably Fernando too. He is the band.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Don't confuse profits with Costs. Maybe Axl is paying all that shit and he likely told them "guys, it costs me $1,000,000 per show for over head that includes Melissa, Frank, Fortus, Dizzy, after that is paid we split shit 50-25-25". No way Axl takes on all that shit with no risk on Slash and Duff.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Don't confuse profits with Costs. Maybe Axl is paying all that shit and he likely told them "guys, it costs me $1,000,000 per show for over head that includes Melissa, Frank, Fortus, Dizzy, after that is paid we split shit 50-25-25". No way Axl takes on all that shit with no risk on Slash and Duff.

I could easily see Slash and Duff's lawyers negotiating for that type of arrangement. They pay for their individual guitar tech and equipment. "GNR" pays for everything else including the stage crew. Ultimately they each come out with a similar profit at the end of the day.

Board footer