You are not logged in. Please register or login.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

Re: Chris Pitman suing Axl Rose for unpaid 2011 wages

esoterica wrote:
zombux wrote:

fuck. I love Shackler's Revenge guitar solo part. that part fucks everything else from ChiDem era, maybe except for ChiDem (the song as a whole). Shackler was so shocking when it first leaked, that I refused to believe it is genuine. but it kicks so much ass!!!!!!!!

Bumble's solo?

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

Bumble's solo?

is there a difference between Chicken Dinner and the album version? it seems like the exactly same guitar track, no matter who plays it, it's fucking genius!

esoterica

esoterica wrote:
zombux wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

Bumble's solo?

is there a difference between Chicken Dinner and the album version? it seems like the exactly same guitar track, no matter who plays it, it's fucking genius!

No, not really. The intro and the outro are about it.

I love Shackler's but don't care for Bumble's solo. Bucket had a way of melodically blending his solos, i.e. Riad. It feels wrong. Like someone kissing your woman.

But in my book, Oh My God, Shackler's, and Riad are all killer tracks.

zombux

zombux wrote:

huh, now I'm caught off-guard. so BBF did the guitar solo at both versions, right? cool, I adore that part (not ONLY the guitar solo, but the complete guitar solo part of the song, with all the instruments). I just can't get it out of my head.

zombux

zombux wrote:

and about Riad/Rhiad... I must say I listened to both BH and BBF versions... and I like BBF's album version more. sorry to be the heretic wink

esoterica

esoterica wrote:

We're all friends here, friend!

zombux

zombux wrote:

oh yeah wink no drama. don't get me wrong, I love what BH did with the band. he actually took some mediocre rock jam melting pot band and rose it to stars... but still BBF did some things fit better... hard to describe that. and for sure it's my subjective judgement smile I like both of them, they both had their strong and weaker moments.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Bumble on Catcher = puke

Damn it, now you guys have me wanting those 02 line up leaks again. I just moved on!!

zombux

zombux wrote:

compared both CITR's not long ago... ehh... I prefer the album version, at least together with the rest of the album. the demo sounds somewhat out of the place. it DOES feel right together with the 1999 TWAT demo though. those two sound nothing like any of  the other leaks or album versions at all.

esoterica

esoterica wrote:

Catcher leak had a delicate, soulful vibe about it. I wasn't even huge on it but it's grown on me.

Pitman's synth bridge was all it needed, IMO. Ron's solo and the rest just... raped it.

misterID wrote:

Damn it, now you guys have me wanting those 02 line up leaks again. I just moved on!!

200.gif

Board footer